fished the big pond

• sunny
    isanti mn

well made it out on the 22 and the 23 i went out of cove bay and fished a few edges of rock reef.I found all my fish to be in the 19-23 foot range right on the edge of the rock reef. I got atleast 10-12 10 inch walleyes and also got a nice 27 inch but as always i foget my stupid camara. i cought most of my fish jiging swedish pimples also got some on just a plain red hook.The fish that i got all were hooked in the tail i tryed just the head and also a hole minnow just in the head. It was best when the minnow sat and swam like it was trying to get away.Also i have to say i that the walleyes were hungry when they came into veiw with the fl-8 they ate the minnow.The perch were there i only cought 6 or so they came threw as schools some schools ate and some were lock jaw.I found the ice to be fine for the most part. There are alot of cracks and rough ice but for the most part i found 12 inchs plus so just go slow and check the cracks you will be fine.I will give another report i am going up next wed threw sat or sun i am in a x2 with a honda you see me come say hi see ya all on the pond

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.