south metro

• crailt

any reports on South Metro Lakes: Crystal, Marion, Carls, Fish —– would like to understand the ice conditions around here or i’m going to have to head north

redneckjr
    Rosemount, MN

I would expect them to still have pleanty of ice. I was out on marion and Prior before the rain and they both had 7-8inches and I was on Prior wed & thur. and it had a little more than that. I don’t think that the rain had very big of an effect since the lows were still below freezing.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

I’ve heard there is around 7 inches at the most on prior, the ice is not so great, but people are fishing it.

Marion? yeah well the main deep part of the lake is probably around 1/3 open. I think the ice on the deep part is very sketchy, haven’t seen a ton of activity from the frontage road, but I suspect people are out fishing by the landing area, no idea on ice conditions there.

I haven’t had any time to get out lately, so I can’t tell you about the fishing.

mpoot
    Eagan, MN

Was out on prior yesterday…There is a good 9″ of ice. Crystal still has open water as of yesterday. Not sure about the other lakes.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.