Rogers area lakes ??????????????

• kabbie55106

I will be in the Rogers area fishing on Christmas day. (dinner is not till late in the day) Anyone got any ice reports from that area ? If ice isnt safe any open water areas to recomend ? I will fish for anything that is bitting, LOL. Any help will be greatly welcomed.

Bob Bowman
    MN

With the rain we are getting I would stay off the ice…Period! Find a place on the river where you can shore fish and you should be good to go.

drakesdemise
    Residing in St. Paul, MN doing weekly travel throughout the five state Upper Midwest

I agrre with Bob, stay off the ice
    I took a drive at noon, no good
    The river is wide open, but remember to check the ice on the ramp before backing in, if you are going to get your hands on a boat!
    Shore fishing certainly sounds like the safe bet
    cheers

shayla

Take Hwy. 101 North. Immediately after crossing the Crow River take a right on CR 39. Go down about a mile and on your right hand side you will see a little pull-over area at a major bend in the river. This area is a very good shore-fishing spot for everything from suckers/cats to walleyes/bass….some of good size, too! From Rogers it is literally a 5-10 minute drive.

Another location, a little further up the road, is right underneath the Hwy. 101 bridge at the Mississippi River. Fish on the south side of the river and cast to the bridge piling closest to shore. That area is around 12-15 feet deep and is the deepest water in the area. I have done very well on walleyes and catfish there, but I would think this time of year you could pull some dandy smallies out of there also. Good Luck, and like the guys said….STAY OFF THE ICE around here!

kabbie55106

Thanks for the tips. Shore fishing does sound like the better idea.
    Boat has been put away for the year.
    If I do catch anything I will be sure to pass it along.

Thinice1
    Elk River, MN

the ice is still in good condition around here on many lakes i fish around here almost every single day during the week when im not on mille lacs. buffalo still had 6-8″ of good ice on it and you wont need to venture out far, the ice is good you just have to be smart about it.

schlankki
    otsego, mn

mississippi river in monticello yelleds great smallmouth action this time of year a float with fat in the deeper holes will yelled action with other species mixed in

schlankki
    otsego, mn

thats fat head minnows

kabbie55106

Thanks for all the help everyone.

My Christmas fishing trip.

I hit the water at Coon Rapids dam about 6:30 am xmas morning. Didnt get even a nibble, left there at 10 am.

Went up to Buffalo lake to try it out. Ice was a good 7 inches where i was. Drilled about 10 holes in 2 hours didnt see one fish on camera or flasher.

Moved over to Ida lake near St Michael. Had 8 inches of ice. First hole drilled showed good school of sunnies. Caught a couple small ones on waxies. Caught first northern through ice. It was a wopping 16 inches long and wieghed in at a hefty 14 oz. Pics will be in contest thread later tonight.

Just thought I would share.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.