couple gear questions

• phishirman
    Madison, WI

first off, I have a lowrance 332c that I am considering mounting to my ATV and just wondering if I risk damage to the unit because of the cold weather…especially the windchill factor running across the lake…Question 2: Have any of you guys ever tried to run an electric auger off the 12 volt accessory plug on your ATV? I like the idea of the electric but think dragging a battery around wherever I go would be a bit cumbersome…Thanks for the input!!!!

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Your Lowrance has cold climate performance down to -20° F.
    Look here!!
    I don’t know about question 2, sorry.

cav90
    Chisago City, MN

I’ve ran an electric auger off my wheeler for a while now with no problems. Hooked it up to the relay for the winch in the trunk and away i went. I always have the machine running when I’m drilling my holes too make sure I have enough battery left to start the thing when I’m done fishing. Probably not needed, but its a habit I got into.

phishirman
    Madison, WI

I see that the 334 has cold climate performance, but it says nothing about it for the 332 which is what I have. Would there be an actual difference between the 2 or is this just a marketing tool to sell more 334s

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Maybe Wade could verify this, but I think it’s true to all of their color units?????

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

The wind chill has no effect on how quick inanimate objects freeze. It is only a guide for how cold the air feels on a person’s body.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

From the 332 manual.

The storage temperature range for your unit is from -4 degrees to 165 degrees

Fahrenheit (-20 degrees to +75 degrees Celsius). Extended storage

in temperatures higher or lower than specified will damage the liquid

crystal display in your unit. This type of damage is not covered

the warranty. For more information, contact the factory’s Customer

Service Department; phone numbers are listed on the last page.

Your 332 will respond slower at temps below 25 degrees. Sunny days will be better than cloudy days.

the_grump
    Le Center

The acc plug on an ATV is only good for 3-5amps, so that would’nt work. You could go to the battery direct, but make sure you charge youre battery when you get home, even if it seems good.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

You could mount a sealed motorcycle battery to your rack. 18 amps and about $55 from Batteries Plus.

phishirman
    Madison, WI

Thanks for the info fellas. you guys rock

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

Your 332 will respond slower at temps below 25 degrees. Sunny days will be better than cloudy days.

Running the back lighting on Hi will help a lot too.

-J.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Yep,, good point JJ..

nick
    Lakeville, MN

I’ll post up a pic of my 332 ice ready when I get home I still need a ram mount ball for it though, nothing a little trip to Cabela’s can’t solve.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Here’s how mine is set-up ( I actualy have a 337, but it’s the same as a 332)

It isn’t the cleanist install , I could do a lot, lot better, but for now it should be fine.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.