Favorite Ice Line

• Mark Steffes
    Farmington, MN

I need to respool all of my ice reels, I was wondering what your opinions were on ice lines.

shaley
    Milford IA

I’m trying new stuff out this year so far I like the Fireline Crystal. Berkley Maxx is doing good to. Got my walleye rods rigged with Transition. One thing with the Crystal you will want to use it with heavier jigs. I run the 1# on my Go Devil and Jigging rap rod. I cant see the line on my camera so hoping fish cant see it either. Not sure what the break streanth is on the Crystal but I cant break it. Only time will tell.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

I have been using P-line for about the last 7 years. I have one rod with Berkley Micro-Ice for fishing deep water(30+feet) perch. All my other sticks have 1-6 pound P-line.

The new Suffix ice line may also be worth checking out.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Quote:

I need to respool all of my ice reels, I was wondering what your opinions were on ice lines.

What kind of fishing you doing ?

In the shallow back waters on the Miss down here I have used on one of my poles a poly line that you get at the fabric dept…it’s about 2 mil think and completely invisable under water !!!

and strong enought to pull out some dandy gills and crappies

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

I really like trilene 2 lb micro ice for crappies, gills, and perch for multipurposes….Its great line, still using last years spool with no problems

millelacsjumbos
    Minnesota

I’ve just started using pline and I love it. The 2lb floroice is great for perchin.

Mark Steffes
    Farmington, MN

What is pline I’ve never heard of that. I had micro-ice on it. I fish panfish & walleyes. I usaully setup two rods for panfish & two for eye’s.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Here is their web-site, P-line. I have never used it for icefishing but its great for openwater.

Ron

icemac33

I’ve had good luck with Berkley Vanish. 2# for down here and new 4# for any trips to URL. About to spool up the 8 year olds new Christmas rod with some 4# right now.

marnis
    Loveland,CO

Stren Gold 4#

Shaley Vikes suck

shaley
    Milford IA

I know they suck but your snowed in and cant fish

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.