Mille Lacs 15th-17th and my new toy (MarCum VS560)

• sundogg44
    Eden Prairie/Mille Lacs

See my rather lengthy report in the “ice conditions” section for more details on the multiple wheelers that went through in Sunset Bay – so be careful 1st and foremost!

Second, I got to put my new MarCum VS 560 to use. And man, what fun it was! It was very, very easy to use and worked great! I couldn’t believe it! And I can actually vouch for the fact that it really, truly works at night! I can only estimate, but I know I saw at least 8 feet with it and might have well been 12 or more feet in pitch black. I was very impressed … to say the least.

I’m officially going to sell my old Aqua Vu now, so if anybody’s interested drop me a line.

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

send me a pm with the price please!

scottsteil
    Central MN

Thanks for the Feedback on the MarCum VS560. I had a feeling you would REALLY like the unit. Wade, you have any units left or are you sold out?

sundogg44
    Eden Prairie/Mille Lacs

Quote:

Thanks for the Feedback on the MarCum VS560. I had a feeling you would REALLY like the unit. Wade, you have any units left or are you sold out?

You’re very welcome. I LOVE it and can’t wait to get back up on New Year’s weekend.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

Wade, you have any units left or are you sold out?

I’m actually out of the VS 560 right now and hope to have more soon.

89bluefin
    Mason City IA

i just got mine today.looks like the gtg is goin to be the first chance to see it work.im goin up 12th.im sure there will other early (CANT WAIT) were you on mille lac?

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

The VS560 is in stock again. I also have the VS460 and the VS350 in stock now. I have the LX-5 and the LX-3 ready to ship too.

col._klink
    St Paul

Still waiting to look under the tree………….

uptil7000

After doing a lot of research I keep finding Ice Fishing references but not a lot for fishing off a boat with the VS560. Has anyone here done any boat fishing with a VS560?

sundogg44
    Eden Prairie/Mille Lacs

Not yet, but I plan to this summer.

scottsteil
    Central MN

The 560 works excellent out of the boat. I use mine ALL the time. Rarely in the summer am I looking at fish as I do in the winter, rather I use it to look at Structure. Between my graph and my flasher I get a very good idea what a piece of structure looks like. However, sometimes I need to actually “see it” to visualize it.

There are not to many lakes in the summer that I do not use my VS560. Sometimes I use it to verify the fish I am marking are my target species, but for the most part it is mainly to see what the bottom looks like.

Because of the design of the 560 you can move almost 4 MPH before you get to much camera movement to see what is going on. The really cool think about the MarCum 460 and 560 design is as I am moving forward across a piece of structure I can look to the side and even backwards, while the camera is tracking forward. By doing so I get a very clear picture of what things look like down there.

Wade are you still out of Camera’s???

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

Wade are you still out of Camera’s???

Scott, I have the VS 560 and VS 460 in stock now. I actually have a couple of units in the classified ads here. These were display units that are in perfect condition but can save a guy a little cash!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.