4 wheeler thru ice again!

• beave
    MPLS

I was fishing 12/14-12/16 on a lake between Pine River and Longville. There was 5-6 inches of ice on the area we were fishing. After bagging my limit and then some,(smallest was 22 incher-largest was 26.5) I was packing up with the kids when the DNR officer called me up to the shore. He asked how thick the ice was, I told him, then he informs me to be careful as a 4wheeler went thru the ice earlier in the week on the lake. BE CAREFUL OUT THERE….

david_scott
    Twin Cities

That was on your lake beave?

Any idea how the other area lakes are around there for ice? Your lake is so clear/deep I know it takes a long time to freeze up, but it should pile on ice pretty quickly now?

You must have been typing this post when I sent you the PM that I was on the ice yesterday with the 4 wheeler and a 300 pound passenger yesterday

beave
    MPLS

Yea, our lake… Ada, which is pretty close, had a few Perms out-all fairly close to shore.Did’nt check any other lakes. We had 3 perms on our lake(there were 6 out on 12-08)even saw a 4 wheeler out Friday? Crazy…Could hear the ice forming though Friday night. The action was non stop,(from 4pm thru the night) We got alot of excercise chasing flags. Must have missed 20-25 flags between 4 tip ups. Even the Pike were waiting till after sunset to hit????? Had tip ups starting in 5 feet ending in 17. No action at all deeper than 8 feet! Go Figure…

david_scott
    Twin Cities

Your killing me beave! I cant go anywhere far from home until Sherry pops this kid out… too many early delivery warning signs going on.. I’m stuck in an hour circle from the driveway!

I guess your about in the same boat come to think of it!

Is this like a race to see who gives birth 1st? The winner gets to go and enjoy the best fishing 1st!

Anyone want to borrow a pregnant significant other for a couple weeks so I can go fishing?

schlankki
    otsego, mn

beave my broter in law has a cabin on ada south east corner last winter a buddy of his caught 2 walleyes within a 5 minute period first one was 30 inches the second a 32 both on golden shiners in 40 fow. did you get any crappies

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.