Help me pick a tent eskimo qf3 or dx 4000 shappel

• slabs

Shappel dx4000 or a eskimo qf3? im leaning towards the eskimo real hard ,do any of you that have one think 2 adults an 11 year old and a 5 year old can fish in one a few times a year otherwise its me and 2 boys …thanks for any input

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

I have a Quick Flip III. Personally, There is room for two average adults, and that’s about it. I tried fishing me and two kids and it was really tight. I am very dissapointed with this house after 2 years of owning it. It just hasn’t held up very well and I haven’t abused it. Fabric isn’t durable enough and the support poles are flimsy at best.

rlamar
    Davenport, Iowa, USA

I had the dx4000, and went to a otter lodge. I like the flip over models better. They are a lot easier to set up and take down ( mainly in the dark)

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

I just had my house up at LOTW for a couple days, and the wind was brutal one day. Easier to set up yes, withstanding the wind without an unbearable flapping sound no!! I think the Otter Lodge is a much more solid house.

TazTyke
    Central Minnesota

Otter is the only way to go! Pay the extra money now as I know you wouldn’t be happy with the Eskimo.

Check this out!

shaley
    Milford IA

I’m on my 3rd season with my QwickFlip 3 with no issues. It is noisy in the wind. We fish 3 adults out of it alot without many issues. I have fished out of all but an Otter and personaly think the Eskimo is the better. I also like the fact that there enough headroom to stand up and streach.

Thats my .02

tealtamer

i should have said these are both used in like new condition , the shappel is 180.00 and the qf3 1 year old used 2 times for 180.00 ,i have a frabil 1 man for solo trips this new (used) tent would be for family trips

voyager2319
    Duluth, MN

I have a QF3 and have had four people in it without too much of a problem, id assume it’d be easier with kids. Its an ’07 so ive only had it out a hanful of times so far, but I havent seen a problem with it yet, nothing with the wind either. Good luck with your decision!

TerryHagstrom
    Minnesota, USA

Slabs,
    Did you give the Frabill line a look? With the new stretcher poles and wrap around materials and of course the glide trax system it’s a good surdy long lasting unit.
    Also very comfortable.

Terry
    Terry’s Guide Service

scottsteil
    Central MN

Slabs, do you tow your house or pull it by hand. How are you looking to use it?

slabs

decided on the eskimo, used 2 times last year ,175.00 i think i did ok,now if we can get some ice in iowa

shaley
    Milford IA

Good ice in NW Iowa. Only downfall of the Eskimo will be in deeper snow if your like me and pull by hand untill I can drive to my spots. I love my Eskimo.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.