Milacs Trip! 12/16/06

• gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

First off I want to thank “Fish Any Time”, had a great time looking forward to our next trip!
    As for the ice on milacs, today had ice ranging from 6 inches to 8 1/2 inches. Went out of Jerrys. Near Sloppy Joes, Jerrys installed a bridge today heading out to Sloppy Joes over the Ice heave!
    We were finding fish in the 15 to 20 foot range, we were nailing the walleyes and perch. Some very nice sizes, had a couple of eyes in the 25 to 27 inch range. But got a couple nice meals of the 15 to 17 inch. Thanks to BfishN for the rapid delivery of those killer Go Devils.
    The bite was good as the sun was coming up and stayed decent til about 10 and that is when the weather started doing some changes on us,wind direction,clouds breaking allowing the sun to show its face current of the lake shifted,and the BITE STOPPED! Started back up afternoon between 3 and 4 but was not near as aggressive as earlier and we were getting more Perch then Eyes. Nice size to the Perch,fat thick ones! But then the wind started to pick up and after being up on the road at 3:00a.m. and now being 6:00p.m.with a 4 hour drive in front of one of us we packed it up and called it a day..
    Again Thank BfishN,Fish Any Time, and of coarse Matt for persuading me not to cancel this trip. Suburban hummed along the entire way!

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Thanks for the update! I can’t wait for the week between Xmas and New Years now!

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Looking at the 10 day on weather.com for Isle. Doesn’t look too bad. Shouldn’t lose ice and might even make some.
    Unfortunately, no below 0 stuff in sight.

dd

icemac33

Thats what it is all about. Sounds like fun.

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

Thanks Glenn. We had a good time. I look forward to next week also, a whole week on the pond with my boy and friends. I think the lake house will be filled that week.

Yeah, that 25″er was fun on the perch rod with 2 lb. test line. Who would have thought, 1/16 oz. Go Devil and was worms.

scottsteil
    Central MN

Just ask Cal about the Go Devil and wax worms. Hopefully I didn’t just give out a trade secret there

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

A couple nice eaters yesterday!!!!

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Looks like friday we will be heading back up there and maybe again Saturday but sunday I have to work at the shop.. Well maybe..
    All depends on what the bite is like friday and or saturday…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.