ice poles

• IceJohn

I am looking for the ones where the line runs inside and you can fish standing ?I want one for hole hopping.ICE JOHN TEAM ICEHEAD

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

They’re called “still-fish” rods…Check out HT website to see them. Gander Mountain had some of these for like 15 bucks i think when i was there.
    HT still fish combos

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Those are great rods. I make my own and have 6 at the ready! You’ll find there’s lots of guy who fish with them.

The ones made by HT aren’t quite long enough for me. I like them about 4.5-5ft long. They have great action for fighting Bluegills and Crappies.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Saw these today, if you are looking for a longer, fancier version. They are st. Croix blanks and they are made by “Mr. Bluegill” from the ice team. They range from 12″-6′ in length
    “Gill Stick”

IceJohn

Thanks guys.ICE JOHN

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I like the ones Blue makes…he has better handles on them and the action on the rods are fantastic…

I have owned the wooden handled rods and one I tried Blues I sold my wooden handled ones…

Blue ? you are still in the Biz aren’t you ?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Ice John,

Blue had those at the PDC get together…what two…three years ago?

While you and I were sitting on our butts, those guys using Blues rods were bouncing from hole to hole.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

And I have two more I will have at this years GTG to Raffel off !!!

Come On Ice…you can do it !!!

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Yeah Blue, you still got a few of these laying around I will be in need of a 5′ or so

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I’ll see what I have left for components.

IceJohn

Let me know I maybe interested in a 5’er.You can email or pm me a price .If you still have some thanks. ICE JOHN TEAM ICEHEAD

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I know I have 4 blanks. Reels and handles are a different story. It looks like I only have 1 reel left, so I’ll have to order more.

On a side note, those Stone Legacy Un-Buckets are awesome for those longer rods. I have one for the 6 rods I carry and it handles the rods and all my tackle perfectly. I HIGHLY recommend them. 2 thumbs WAY up!!

IceJohn

Blue keep me in mind when you get some made.ICE JOHN TEAM ICEHEAD

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

You are second in line, right behind AmWatson.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I’ve been trying to get one of my very own for 3 years. Who’s a guy godda’ know around here to get a rod!

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

Quote:

I’ve been trying to get one of my very own for 3 years. Who’s a guy godda’ know around here to get a rod!

All ya gotta do is say something!! Or take one of Dave’s…..

Parts will be ordered this week.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Say some thing?!?!?!

My problem is we keep giving them ALL away at gtg’s!

Please, good sir, count me in for one those fancy-schmancy ice rods you build, please.

IceJohn

Thanks blue,sorry James I always come in #2 hope to see you both on the ice .ICE JOHN TEAM ICEHEAD

IceJohn

just checking.ICE JOHN TEAM ICEHEAD

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I’m waiting on a couple parts! I’ll PM you 15min. after I get those parts to inform you the rods are finished.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I finally found a place to order some reels. I’ve found too many places that are sold out or just don’t carry them anymore.

I hope to have them by Friday!!

IceJohn

Thats good news cant wait to fish with one.Get tiered setting on the bucket.I will be watching for pm from you thanks agin for making them for us.ICE JOHN

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Where are you located?

Feel free to PM me that response if you wish.

phishirman
    Madison, WI

Question for ya blue…do you know if there are different manufacturers for those reels? I’ve been making those same type of rods and it seems like the last few reels that I bought were junk. there is a gap in between the spool and the housing and if your line gets in there you have to cut it and re line the entire rod because the reel handle doesn’t come out to get the spool off. There is a company called Pulsator that makes these rods and it seems like their reels are of wayy better quality but look identical to the ones I have…

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

The only manufacturers I know of are B n M Poles and the one who makes the reels for HiTech. I haven’t had any issues with the line jumping off the spool. That would be a headache…

I have not tried using the reels made by B n M Poles. They look like higher end reels though.

phishirman
    Madison, WI

thanks for the info I’ll check into that. I got so frustrated with those reels that the last one I made, I drilled a small hole at an angle in the blank in front of the handle and ran the line up that from a small reel… Actually works pretty slick, but not as low profile as the entire inline

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Quote:

I am looking for the ones where the line runs inside and you can fish standing ?I want one for hole hopping.ICE JOHN TEAM ICEHEAD

These rods are great,I did’nt like rethreading after a break off though.Started building my own out of fly rod ends,Cabelas usually has a barrel of discarded blanks to choose from along with the small plastic reels and handles. When you get it assembled it’s very important to drill out the base of the handle and insert enough weight to balance the rig(pencil weights work perfect)load with 1 or 2 lb test with a spring bobber on the end. I’ve found that in waters 8ft.or less you dont have a rod in your hand but a weapon! Another plus with these rigs is the long flexible tension you have in playing the fish out,the drag is in the rod not in the reel. The last stick I made cost me under 20$

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.