IDA Ice Tournament Begins!!

• bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Alright guys, way to get things rolling. Nice crappies

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

This gill doesn’t stand much of a chance. 8-1/2 inches with a tail pinch. caught several this size today but Overall the fishing was not good for keeper fish at Stoddard.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

I was waiting for ya Cade.
    Must be feeling better
    I have faith you will top that yet

Bret

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Oh yeah feeling great today the new Frabil Trekker kept me plenty warm to. I know I’ll top that…Just too bad haven’t done it all ready Been a rough winter so far

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

After fishing with my dad this weekend in Wyoming he’s wondering when they are going to add a trout catagory to the tournament.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

measurement #1

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

measurement #2

col._klink
    St Paul

Not sure, but I think we have a winner!

Nice Trout

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I pulled a crappie today that went a shade over 13 inches.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I guess I blinked.
    The tape:

Craig Matter
    Hager City,Wi

Well I made it out first thing this morning….Fished until noon. Fish didn’t cooperate until around 9 am. Then it got pretty fast and furious….hard to keep two lines going. Ended up catching about 20 fish and kept 7 for a meal. Again like earlier in the week the fish liked the smallest minnows in the bucket. When I ran out of small minnows and was forced to use bigger minnows the action slowed. Biggest fish went 13 7/8 inches. The big piggy got away I’m sure it was over 14 inches…..that’s why they call it fishing right.
    On ice with 13 7/8 incher
    Whatsa

Craig Matter
    Hager City,Wi

7 that I kept for a meal

yellowjacket
    Byron, MN

I would like to submit a couple pics of my son, who is 11. 1st pic is of him chiseling open his hole up on Vermilion (old school) As you notice, in the background is an old spoon style auger…sharp as a tablespoon, thus the chisel (had to make due from FIL garage)

yellowjacket
    Byron, MN

Second pic is of son with a fat 17″ ‘eye. NOt up for biggest ‘eye as we didn’t bring our IDA thing with (doin’t ask) just up for consideration of the photo award…his first ever ‘eye caught on a rod that I built for him and gave him for Christmas.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

nice pictures, and eye. something about the first pic just seems very relaxing. I like it

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

caught this nice 9-1/4″ gill today. I was by myself and it was hard to get a pic on the ice with my phone but I did my best.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

last one. My best attempt with the cell

timmy

I emailed pics to Luke to post for my entry in the walleye division. 29.5″ from Saturday eve.

Is there anyway we could get a leader board posting pinned to the top – just so we can easily see what’s been entered?

Tim

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Nice start to the tourney guys!

This may have been said already, but make sure you close the fish’s mouth and line the fish up properly to get an accurate measurement. Some of the pics I see so far are a little tough to gauge. You don’t want a good fish to be disqualified or penalized.

Good luck and good fishing everyone!

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

oops. Sorry about that. I can get another pic if you want, I have the fish in my aquarium for now I’m so used to pinching the tail and openning the mouth that I did the same for taking the measurement pic here.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

I re-measured the gill the other night and without an open mouth, It is 9″ on the nose. I won’t make this mistake again sorry.

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Posting for Tim Ranta…

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 166 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.