IDA Ice Tournament Begins!!

• luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

The 2nd annual IDA Ice Fishing tournament will start tomorrow, December 15th and run until March 1st. The tournament entry ticket is available for everyone to print off. Ice Tournament Entry Ticket

This tournament will be ran similiar to last’s years tournament. This year, there will be two photos needed for an entry.
    1. Photo of the fish and a tape measure or other ruling device next to the fish. This photo needs to be taken directly above the fish. (See Example One)
    2. Photo of the angler and the fish ON the ice WITH the IDA Ice Tourney ticket form. Ice MUST be visible (See Example Two)

It is to your advantage, to take the best possible photos. From your photos the length will be determined. The better the photo, the easier the length will be to read.

It is up to you what kind of tape measure to use. BUT, if you use a cloth tape, like a sewing tape, it will give you a better chance of getting the actual length of a fish. The hard tapes, tend to leave fish looking a little short. But, anykind of tape measure, that is readable, will be accepted in the photos. Final length measurements will be decided by the staff!!

This year we also added a photo contest. So, even if you don’t catch one of the biggest fish, you can still win a prize by submitting fish pictures. Submit as many photos as you would like-

Prizes:

Crappie: MarCum- LX-2 Flasher.

Walleye: Dean at Everts Resort- St. Croix Legend Ice Rod

Pike/Muskie: Gary Wellman- $50 gift certificate to the IDA sponsor of your choice!!

Perch: Dave/BFT- Ice Fishing tackle kit!!

Sunfish: Dave/BFT- Ice Fishing tackle kit!!

Catfish: Briank- guided trip for two valued at $300 from Trophy Catfishing Adventures in the month of July!!

Bass: Wade, at Jolly Ann Marine- HX270S Handheld VHF Radio!!

Best Photo: Dean at Everts Resort- St.Croix Premier Combo Ice setup!!

For those of you with safe ice… Good luck, I know you have a head start over most of us!!
    Remember safety first! And have FUN!!

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Example Two: A photo like this, but you must also be holding the entry ticket..

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Alright!

Anyone know where there’s some safe ice?

That catfish prize is MINE!

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Brian since you are rewarding the PRIZE ..I dont think you can win it

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

that ticket looks sweet!
    Way to go Luke!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

Oh….

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Quote:

Quote:

Oh….

I don’t think you want the catfish prize anyway. I heard stories about that guy….. LOL

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

Alright!

Anyone know where there’s some safe ice?

That catfish prize is MINE!

Yes Brian….that Catfish prize IS yours. It’s yours to GIVE AWAY!!!!

brittlab
    North Central Iowa

Looks like some great prizes. good luck everyone

shaley
    Milford IA

Hope B&W is acceptable printer wont do color anymore.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Great job guys
    Good luck and safe fishing People.

Oh, yea…Brian, I know where there is some safe ice for you

col._klink
    St Paul

I can’t wait to get this rolling. But I am wondering about guys that fish alone. How would we take a pic by ourself?

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

Hope B&W is acceptable printer wont do color anymore.

B & W is totally acceptable. As long as you can clearly see it’s this year’s form, you are good to go.

shaley
    Milford IA

I doctored it up a little with the kids markers

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I’ve been known to do that.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

I can’t wait to get this rolling. But I am wondering about guys that fish alone. How would we take a pic by ourself?

Like this….

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Yep, self timer on the camera.. I know this is going to be difficult for some…but these are the rules, and to be fair to everyone, they need to be followed.

col._klink
    St Paul

WOW!! How did you do that Bret????

I have a Fuji fine pix digital. I guess I will have to get the book out before I get back on the ice!

Is that your scoop meleted in the ice?

Sweet pic by the way

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

Is that your scoop meleted in the ice?

Yep, and as you can see the spud is melting in behind me
    I set my fanny pack and camera up on a bucket for this pic. I also have a cheap tri pod from wally world that works just fine. I’m sure you will come up with something that works for you

icemac33

I knew I should have checked the site before I went out this morning.It would have been fun to start the perch out. Its good practice for the tournament and hope to be able to post a couple out on the ice this winter that will at least make a run at it. Be careful out there and don’t forget that spud in southern MN. Still good ice in places but plenty of tricky spots.

yellowjacket
    Byron, MN

Great idea….i’m in, just for grins and giggles

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

Great idea….i’m in, just for grins and giggles

Way cool
    And by going at it with that attitude and not taking the fun out of fishing, you could very well be a winner

Craig Matter
    Hager City,Wi

Didn’t see the ticket in your Ice picture…..need to bring tape and tape it to your chest………..LOL

david_scott
    Twin Cities

I’ll make sure to start bringing the camera along!

There should be a prize for muskies too Its pretty common to run into a few over the winter months around the cities!

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Regarding the taking the pic of the contestant ON the ice… By yourself… Ok.. self timer can work by yourself… but are you asking us to bring the whole tripod and everything? Sounds a bit much. Can’t a pic of the contestant and fish and logo be at home? I don’t know if the wife will allow me to bring the VERY EXPENSIVE digital camera out on slippery ice with me… not even if it means a cat trip with briank!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

If I read the rules correctly…you might want to go back a check…yup, on the ice. I don’t think it said anything about a tripod…Bret did a wonderful job using his bucket.

I wouldn’t take my Favorite Wife’s good camera out. But the price of cameras have dropped and everyone should have a cheap camera for fishing/hunting ect. Heck…are they selling cell phones without cameras now a days?

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

The biggest reason for taking pics on the ice is to prove the fish was in fact caught through the ice. If you(or anyone else) were to take the pic at home, there’s no way to prove where or how the fish was caught.

If you ice fish while sitting on a bucket, tip the bucket over and set the camera on that. It’s more than stable enough for a camera.

Craig Matter
    Hager City,Wi

Sweet………..I figured out my self timer now all I need is SAFE ICE and a fish to hold. “note to self” When taking self portrait set camera at the edge of the Delux Ice chair to prevent camera from taking picture of chair and covering up bottom 1/4 of the picture. (Don’t think I’ll win any photo contest with this picture)

Oh ya Luke do we send you the pictures and you will post or are you going to set up each fish category and we’ll post our own pic’s like last year??

Good Luck everyone

Whatsa

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

There is a category for muskie/pike- I think, or at least I meant to. So, longest muskie or pike will win the $50 gift certificate from Gary-

Whatsa..some of those things are still in the works, I would probably just post them here for now. But a full size image would be nice sent to my e-mail. Fuller size images will make the lengths a lot easier to read!!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 166 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.