Fishing under the lights?

• icemac33

Sounds like these may still be good tomorrow. It is looking like the cloud cover may ruin it for us in SE MN tonight. I was able to sit out in the middle of Mille Lacs on a moonless night and watch a good show while fishing a few years back. It warmed throught the day and was about 35 at midnight.Too bad we didn’t catch any fish. It was pretty awesome though. Check them out tonight or tomorrow night if you get a chance. Hopefully while fishing.

Northern Lights to appear tonight

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

That would be some site to see sitting out on Milacs in the middle of the night watching that show live in the sky…

fishman1
    Dubuque, Iowa

I saw the northern lights last night (Thursday night) down here in Dubuque. They had a spot on one of the TV news casts down here about them as well with people sending in photos of them. I could see them from in the city which means they must have been really bright. I imagine that they were spectacular out away from all the city lights. From in town they looked a pale green but from the news reports I guess they were changing to other colors as well. The most spectacular northern lights I ever saw was from an airliner back in September of 1976. We had taken off from Minneapolis at midnight on a flight to London flying the northern route over Hudson Bay, Greenland and Iceland. When the plane got over Canada the captain pointed out the lights. They were beautiful.

Eyehunter

icemac33

Looks like we will be missing out on these again tonight unless the clouds roll out.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.