truck,car,life insurance on ice

• russjudy
    Minnesota

every year this ? comes up- who pays for getting me out and pay for it “I HAVE INSURANCE” “But are you covered on ice?” is your body insured if you drown?
    On our web site and inside our cabin and sleepers- we post
    WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ACCIDENTS INSIDE OR OUT OF THEM- its icy, its snowy, its cold, its slippery, its wet, its mother nature-we drill 8″ holes for safty sake-we have a lot of familys as customers- last year alone even with a oral warning from me to be carefull around the holes- 2 kids stepped in the holes and 4 adults stepped in them- one of the adults was pretty good sized and went to the floor with his leg wet to -you know where- he lost his boot under the ice in order to get back out- we never will say the ice is safe because its not ever safe —

I really hate to bring this issue into the lime light but it best to get it done and over with now
    check with your insurance co before going on ice

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Good post Russ. NEVER TAKE A CHANCE just because you THINK your insured.

scottsteil
    Central MN

Quote:

WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ACCIDENTS INSIDE OR OUT OF THEM

It is certainly nice to give this warning in writing but it will not reduce your legal liability in any way. If you are found negligent in any matter, you will be liable.

Kind of the like the “beware of dog” sign. If the dog bites you the homeowner will be liable most likely.

Even signing a liability waiver doesn’t do much in these cases Russ. Just a heads up.

russjudy
    Minnesota

thanks Scott- just letting others make sure they check there coverage while on ice wheather it be atv,snowmobile,car,truck,fishouse going down- what items are covered- rods,reels,mr heater,sleeping bags,electronics, etc

I believe each company needs a seperate list of the items and insured under a seperate policy- home owners doesnt cover everything- we know- we didnt put a rider in our policy for boat items- we lost $1000 of items and got nothing- we thought “”we had insurance”” and I believe it works the same if your fishouse is broken into- anything stolen cant be claimed by some companies without a seperate insurance policy- the house might be under home owners but not sure

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.