IDA/Tamarack Lodge GTG March 23rd 2007

• Bruce Barnum

Brian, Andy, Chappy, Iceman62, Lovetofish…(John), Matt and anyone else I missed.

WAS FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I tagged along with Scenic (Jeff) was a most enjoyable time had by all and am looking forward to next years event!!!

scenic tackle
    Bemidji, MN

What a blast! To be able to spend a day on the ice like we just did was unbelievable to say the least. What a way to end the 2006-2007 ice fishing season. The camaraderie of an event like this is what really makes the event. It is the joking around, the sharing of stories, cooking hotdogs and brats on the ice, and putting faces and names together that make these events all worth while. Any fish caught are a bonus.

I would like to thank everyone who was involved in setting this event up and making it all come together. I would further like to thank Jeff & Laura Starck from Starck’s Tamarack Resort for the excellent fish fry and hosting. For anyone who has not been to Tamarack Resort in a number of years I would suggest you check out all the improvements that have been made. They have done an outstanding job of updating and remolding this resort. Complete with a new boat launch and swimming pool for the 2007 season this will further make this a great family resort.

Bruce you are more then welcome to fish with us anytime you can. Soon we will be in the boats and I know where I am heading first.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

I second what Senic say’s..Jeff and Laura are excellent hosts and great people! I think a good time was had by all.Especially Brett aka Crappie boy! He took a guy up on taking his hole and he cleaned house! Good luck with that Taxidermy bill Iceman! Thank LOVES2FISH for that one!
    When the pictures come up guy’s,You are not going to believe what we got into! I’ll let someone else put up pic’s as mine don’t do the fish justice!It was a perch trip….Ah huh! We ended up with every species in the lake!Northern,sucker,walleye,Huge crappies,Huger sunfish,L.M Bass,The biggest Rockbass I’ve ever seen! We went for perch and ended up with More Gills and Crappies than perch! After Friday and giving the Iowa boys some crap about keeping the small perch, They went out 150 yrds from us and caught a BOATLOAD of Perch! Big Perch! While we were hooping it up catching the Huge sunfish and Huge Crappies,They were off not saying a word and catching Perch! Good job guy’s! Very impressive showing!It took 5 guy’s cleaning fish and 1 guy complaining about how long it was going to take us to clean (Loves2fish),1 electric fillet knife burned up over an hour to clean fish!

Again..You guy’s that didn’t go Missed one heck of a good time! Thanks again to everyone that could make it!Thanks to Tamarack also….Great Accomidations!

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Let’s see some pictures!

chappy
    Hastings, MN

1st Pic..Andy Loos with a nice LM Bass

cAN’T DO IT!!!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Jake, sorry we didn’t see your post before we left.

Some of the guys wanted to go fishing this morning, but here isn’t a way to get a truck/car on the late. Wheelers…maybe.

The ice was VERY soft leaving the lake yesterday and with the temps not getting close to freezing over night and the rain this morning…I would check with the resort owners…because, in my opinion (and I do tend to be on the safe side) yesterday was the last day of ice fishing on Winni.

Please hold off on posting picts on this thread. There will be a fishing report up soon. Let’s all post them there.

gonfisn
    Bemidji, MN

Had a great time! Nice meeting some new folks and like Jeff said – the fish are the bonus at these events!

Has Ben’s head shrunk back to a manageable size yet Jeff?
    lol

We’ll definately have to hit the water this season Bruce – nice to finally meet up with you!

I’m counting the days until open water!!! Hooked the motor up to the hose today and let it rumble in the driveway for a while!

tamarack
    Lake Winnibigoshish

Laura and I just wanted to say thank-you to all the IDA folks that showed up to the 1st annual GTG. Everyone was great and it was a pleasure having you at our resort.

I have to say that the fish you guys brought in, let alone the ones you released were very impressive. You have uncovered our well kept secret about this incredible fishery called “Winnibigoshish”.

Hopefully we’ll get to see a lot of you during the open water season. Maybe another GTG in late September or early October for some pole bending Walleye or Musky action.

Thanks again guys for being such a great group!

Keep Fishin’

Jeff

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.