Salmo chub darters, are they effective?

• paperks
    Minnetonka, Minnesota

I’ve noticed a lot of retailers, and big name ice anglers are pushing the Salmo chub darters just wondering if anyone has used them? If so, what patterns are effective?

shaley
    Milford IA

I started using them last year had good luck on the ones I had. Got a couple smaller ones to try this year. I love therir softwater cranks, ugly but effective. Perch patterns do best for me.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

The chubby is one of the best ice baits on the market. The action is incredible. On the down fall, it darts to the side like a baitfish would. On the lift it gives off great vibration. Fish it without any bait.

Colors: GMO,Hot Perch and Red Tail Shiner are my favorites.

schlankki
    otsego, mn

They’re great for aggresive fish but finickier fish i’d go with something like a jiging spoon or something of that nature. They’re gggrrreeaaattt at getting the perch going on mille lacs.

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

On a side note, I noticed these at a few retailers recently. Sportsman’s Warehouse has the best price by far. I did not look long enough to see the color selection though.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I have yet to catch a fish on mine, but I can’t say I’ve given them 100% effort either. I tend to fall back to the old reliable jigging spoons if I can’t get a fish to go rather quickly.

BIGNEL07
    Albertville

Tried them on Lake of the Woods last weekend with limited luck.

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

I’ve been fishing them for about 5 or 6 years. There is always one rigged in my house. I have had great succes on Gull, Tonka and Winni.

As stated aboveI prefer them when the bite is a bit more agressive. That being said. They have been deadly on lakes that are heavly pressured by spoons.

Just my .10.

Logan
    Big Lake, MN

I also agree with Derek about Salmo’s products. I have many different sizes but GMO and Dace have been good.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.