15 inches of ice on Winni

• midnight
    Grand Rapids, MN

I’m not sure if that is accurate, I was on Cutfoot on Sunday and there was 5-7 inches of ice and there has been rain and about 40 degree temps ever since. A lot of the lakes have quite a bit of slush on them and they are starting to look very black again. Be safe and trust your head not a news article.

chico-diablo
    New Richmond, WI

I agree about always checking the ICE, I just questioned why the MN DNR says there is 15 in on one lake and the other only has 3-4. Must be a MN thing

tamarack
    Lake Winnibigoshish

I don’t know where they are seeing 15 inches on Lake Winnie. This past weekend we had about 8-9 and we’ve had 40 degree weather all week. there is a layer of water on the ice right now and we are just maintaining what ice was there. The mid-lake cracks have opened up making it almost impossible to get to the midlake structure. If you are coming up to Winnie, use caution! It’s supposed to cool down this weekend. Hopefully we will start making ice again. Will try to keep you updated.

Jeff

PS Don’t believe everything you see on TV

1hawghunter
    Grand Rapids, MN

Hey Chad Dorholt said he and Colter are going up to Winnie on Saturday. Was invited to go along. It is supposed to be 35 on Saturday. Wonder if we will need rubber boots. Are you going down to the GTG in January?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.