Hang In there Ice!!

• cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

I’m a little nervous about what this forcast is going to do to our minimal early ice conditions. i’ve heard anywhere from 4, up to 6″ in the La Crosse area for ice depth. If it can just hold up until after the weekend, we should be able to start building our ice back up again. the forcast looks pretty nice for next week, and we should make a good deal of ice.
    stay safe. I’ll be attempting to get on some ice today. Just hope that rain stays out of the area

Accuweather 15 day

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Wear your hip boots Cade

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Quote:

Wear your hip boots Cade

no kidding…….It’s SLOPPY out there
    Making me one nervous fisherguy

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

It should make you nervous. The shoer line where I was Sunday was already starting to get shaky. I’m sure last nights rain and run off didn’t help any

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

surprisingly, still 4.5″ at 7th street and an inch of water tonight. The shoreline sucked but it was uniform all around the part where I fish. We did find some less than 2″ ice to the east though Fishing wasn’t worth anything…Caught 4 keeper crappies in 2 hours and 1 missed bite. Probably a cold too

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Quote:

It should make you nervous.

LOL Ya you betcha….over the years I’ve managed to go in once or twice – nothing ever major… but still…The boys don’t like being dipped in that REAL COLD water…if’in ya know what I mean

Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

Yeah, the ice by the beach at 7th street is BAD!!! 3 pokes with the spud and through. Not good at all if you are heading out for the gills by the docks. Just a heads up. Ted

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

There were guys still fishing at Fisherman’s Road and 22 this morning when I went by around 9. I am not going to venture to say how much ice there is because I just drove by. After today, it can’t last much longer.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

To my surprise there is ice still hanging around. I made some stops on the way home from work and did some poking around. I found 2 ways onto ice were I would like to start on Saturday. I had 4 inches of ice when I got away from the shoreline.

Be safe Dudes. .

bassking27
    La Crosse, Wisconsin

Quote:

To my surprise there is ice still hanging around. I made some stops on the way home from work and did some poking around. I found 2 ways onto ice were I would like to start on Saturday. I had 4 inches of ice when I got away from the shoreline.

Be safe Dudes. .

Brett you better bring a pogo stick to get back onto shore on saturday, there maybe some decent ice in the middle but it sounds like some crappy ice on the edges good luck and stay safe dude!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

4 inches of melting ice is not 4 inches of fresh ice. I wouldnt do it.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

4 inches of melting ice is not 4 inches of fresh ice. I wouldnt do it.

I wouldn’t do that either

Made a couple of stops again tonight and found the ice to be in the best shape it has been in all week. The spots I favored to get away from the shoreline yesterday were even in better shape tonight
    After getting away from the (and I can’t say it enough shoreline )I found a good clear and solid 3-4 inches. The holes that were open all week were ice covered today
    After tomorrow things will even get better with the colder nights on the way for next week!
    Good luck fishing people and be safe

Bret

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.