ice conditions

• erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

what you guys think the chance of fishable ice in the Forest lake area will be this weekend? I think i am looking way to optimistic just really wanna get back out this weekend but don’t wanna push the limits but man this rain and 32 degree nights are killing us!!

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

I don’t think it looks good anywhere. After the next few days I think we will be starting over. The rain really takes a toll on it. Don’t be going out there, IT’S NOT SAFE.

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

I didn’t want to say it but, its looking like we’re headed towards open water again. By this weekend there will be warnings out. If we hit 47 on thurs and get the wind and rain on Sat,……I got a 20 that says Mille Lacs opens up again.

dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

Then I got a twenty that I will be out in the boat again!

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

Yep, I will get the details tonight but a buddy’s co-worker was off this week up on the Pond. At around noon his wheeler went through to the bottom. Was able to save the portable though. Someplace out of Agate.

I don’t think it’s worth the risk. I am changing my plans for this coming weekend.

mallard_militia
    Fulton County, Illinois

Shoot ‘n Release and I fished up there last weekend. There was 5 1/2″ of good ice, but you couldn’t drive a needle in my with a 10 lb sledge hammer if I were to try it this weekend. You can still goose hunt this weekend, do that instead.

the_grump
    Le Center

Quote:

Shoot ‘n Release and I fished up there last weekend. There was 5 1/2″ of good ice, but you couldn’t drive a needle in my with a 10 lb sledge hammer if I were to try it this weekend. You can still goose hunt this weekend, do that instead.

??????? Better watch out, you have a house full of goose hunters headed that way, and that sounds like a challange

shoot_n_release
    Mora, MN

Wish I could be there to shoot some geese with you guys.

Make sure Goosekiller, or should I say Goose-should have kill’d-er, finishes them off.

Good luck

Lars

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.