Raining in the Cities

• aquajoe
    Minnetonka, MN.

As I sit here it started raining pretty hard (Not Cool)I checked the temp and its 37 degrees out. That is going to play havoc on the ice conditions.

hooknfinger
    Rochester, Minnesota

thats alright, still have 3 weekends left of bow hunting. a light snow would be ok with me but im loving these warmer temps, can stay in the stand longer

rvrat
    st cloud,mn

Sorry about the rain guys but…im with hookinfinger..3 weekends left of bow hunting…i love this weather..keep it in the low 30’s and im a happy camper…after jan 1…then ill worrie about the ice….by the way it was raining up here in St. Cloud area as well..be safe on thenice if you chose to go out…jay

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Smelled like spring when I walked outside this morning. Couple more days of this and the grass in my yard may need mowing!

-J.

aquajoe
    Minnetonka, MN.

I hope this warm weather doesn’t HoneyComb the ice. If it does it will almost be better to have it all melt back to water and start over. Otherwise it will be a real crappy foundation of ice.

At this rate and as long as the warm snap is going to last it might just do that in alot of areas.

Jon Jordan Quote: Couple more days of this and the grass in my yard may need mowing!

Now that is funny right there!!

david_scott
    Twin Cities

We have been losing a little ice, but not much where I have been going. That can change quickly. Rainfall amounts varied greatly, some area werent his as hard. The temp in town is 37 right now and a little mist here and there.. Its not making ice, but its not melting it too badly either.

These next few days are up in the air on getting on the ice. I dont think any of the lakes here willopen this week, and no, I dont want to loe the ice we have either. Its still pretty clear, but I am watching it closely. I wont be out there when its questionable at all.

lamarboarder911
    maple grove mn

hey guys, so i was out on lake waconia today, there was water on some parts of the ice. the ice was still descent, 6 to 8 in the bay. the crappie bight was slow. caught a few in ten feet of water. still had a few houses out there. well be safe.

saugersauce

I am not too familiar with the lake and only fish there a few times a year. Are there any good resorts that you can launch from on the south end of the lake with good fishing nearby?
    Any advice would be great. Thanks.
    Sauger Sauce

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.