Clam 5600

• Jason_N
    St. Cloud, Minnesota, USA

I was hoping I can get some advise on this fish house. I purchased one late last season. After getting it put together I had a really hard time getting the zipper closed. I returned it and got another one. I’m having the same problem with this one. I have double checked the corners to make sure the poles are aligned properly. The zipper is extremely hard to close along the middle of the door. Is this a common problem with new houses, or is there something wrong with the house? Thanks for your time.

Jason_N

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

I had the same issue with mine a few years back , but what I tried to make up for this was set up the shack in my garage, with the side open and heated it up, and then put the cross/top supposrts in and left that wat for about a hour and that seemed to some what stretch out. but be careful not to force to fast as obviously do not want to tear out the zippers or strip them out .
    good luck-
    Broncs

Jason_N
    St. Cloud, Minnesota, USA

Thanks Broncosguy. It’s been set up since Saturday, and it hasn’t really helped. I wonder if I could shim-out the two corners on the door side to get a little more give to it?? Anyone have any thoughts? It seems to be a great portable otherwise. I’d like to know how common this is. It doesn’t seem like the zipper could handle too many years of use the way it is now.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Try this. Take a candle and rub the zipper teeth with the side of the candle leaving a slight layer of wax on the zipper. The wax acts as a lubricant and should keep it from jamming/sticking.

-J.

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

good point Jon , I forgot about the wax fix. one of those 2 should definately fix it.

Broncs

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.