Auger Blades

• shaley
    Milford IA

Ok guys wheres the most reasonable place to buy auger blades??? Or does anyone have a new set of 8″ Lazer blades they don’t need for a 8″ Lazer Mag power auger.

Got a new to me bit and used it for the first time today and a steak knife would have been faster.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Best I’ve found is Fleet Farm @ $29.99.

I know some bait shops will exchange dull for
    resharpened blades. (for less than new price)
    I think Strikemaster has an exchange program as
    well.

Dan

shaley
    Milford IA

1 baitshop here has the blade exchange but leery on buying resharpen blades. I hope thats what the problem is is just dull blades, don’t think it can be anything else.

I sure do miss my stolen auger

birddog
    Mn.

Quote:

I hope thats what the problem is is just dull blades, don’t think it can be anything else.

For your sake I hope it’s just dull blades but…I just had to replace my bit because I tweaked my bit on the last trip last year. It got caught on a variation in the ice, had a heck of a time getting it loose, tried several times to get the blade mount straightened, nope.

P.S. anyone want to buy a 10″ eskimo bit…I’ll give ya a heck of a deal!

BIRDDOG

shaley
    Milford IA

Near as I can tell bits not tweaked. Guy I got it from said it didn’t drill any better than his chipper blade. Ran my finger over the blade and if I’m not mistaken it should be razor sharp ( even the serreated ones)?? Its not so I’m beliving its gotta be the blades.

I’ll sell you a 10″ Strikemaster bit unless I cant fix this 8″ that is

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

I have the Strike master LM 10. If the bit is straigth it should be the blades.

One suggestion for all Strike master owners. Don’t slam the blade on the ice or into the hole your cutting. The Strike master blade are curved and very easy to flaten.

I learned this lesson the hard way. 3 set in one year. Once they are flat or dull it’s over. Time to spend another 30$.

shaley
    Milford IA

New set of blades drills like new

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.