Wisconsin Permanent Shanty Regs?

• cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

I aquired a large homemade shanty a couple years ago from my 7th-8th grade science teacher. its pretty nice and really warm and I used it a time or two. Anyway, Its just too darn heavy to haul it across rail road tracks and roads and miles on the ice to use it as a portable for where i fish. So i was curious about Wisconsin regulations for permenant shanties. This thing has a wood floor and 2 sides including a spring loaded wood door. A blue tarp was cut and used as the ceiling and other two sides. Its pretty nice and easily fishes 3 people. what I was wondering is if we have to register our permenants, like in MN, or if we can just put them out there and take them off at the designated date.

Thanks,

Cade

krisko
    Durand, WI

Cade check out the FAQ’s here I’m sure they will answer your questions.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Thanks Krisko, That answers all of them!

krisko
    Durand, WI

Yep…I’m bored and plus I was just looking at the regs for MN….so it was easy to find.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Hey Cade,

as long as your here…..

You mentioned bluff slough awhile back….

Where do you access this area from??

It used to be my stomping ground long ago and wanted to try fishing it again….drove down there the other day and could not find a place to get on!!

Do you go all the way to Chut’s Landing ??

Just curious………….

BTW sounds like you got a decent shack

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Thanks, well, I got 3 shacks. 2 are clam 2000’s and then this one. I’m excited to put this “permenant” out there and get some good use out of it this winter, instead of leaving it to sit at my dad’s shop…
    As far as bluff slough, just north of chutts about a block…
    We were fishing a bay called 2nd slough that day and accessed it from 7th street, south of 7th street landing. We had to cross thru some woods and marsh for about 2 blocks to get to the fishing water. I went out into bluff slough to try and find a little deeper 5-7 foot of water but I just couldn’t get passed 3-4 feet. I kept going and before I knew it I was smack in the middle of it. I decided to just keep going to say i crossed it, stepped on the opposite shore and turned back. That Ice was a uniform 3 or so inches. Acessing would be pretty tough from the “main land” shore, you’d have to get permission to cross a yard or two and the hill is very steep down there to get to the water. It would be easy if you could use the steps from somebody’s dock, but it would suck with a shanty and as much gear as i haul There are some other areas on the more southern parts of bluff slough that I might be interested in fishing this year. Back behind shopko in the south gravel pits should be just as good as the heavily fished northern parts. Acess might be difficult, but the fishing should be well worth it.Good luck!

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Thanks guy,

Yep, Know bluff slough area well ….

Well I USED to….it was when I was your age….a long,long time ago

like I said …been a long time ago…..would like to come in on the shore side though.

Sad thing the no access thing….It’s a pretty good sized area

I wonder if Chut’s would allow people to access that slough…hummmm….maybe I’ll have to stop-in or call.

Anyone else know anything???

BTW..TWO clam 2000s ???? ya got a BIG butt or something??

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

I don’t know if you’ve heard of clam’s un-paralelled customer service, But I had a Large crack and some other issues w/ the flooring on the first clam 2000….I heard about this deal on IDA where you contact clam and cut out the 2 side “Clam 2000” logos and ship them to clam corp…Supposedly they would send you a brand new clam. I emailed them and it was true. Not only did we get a brand new clam 2000, but it was the 2006 edition too! Basically I upgraded by braking my old one without paying any money!
    I was pretty happy about that. Fish off chutt’s in the summer and we tried a few times for panfish with no success this late fall. The people there are nice enough and don’t seem to mind. I really dislike the guy that lives there year round in his houseboat however. He’s pretty selfish on the water and careless with that boat. I watched him boat thru 2″ of ice last weekend just for the purpose of keeping “his” portion of bluff slough open…It was a pretty sickening sight.
    Let me know if you want to try and get out on bluff slough this winter…I got connections thru friends that live along there and we could get some decent shore access if you want.
    just shoot me a pm!
    Cade

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

thanks fer the offer bud

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.