muck boots

• herb
    6ft under

Anyone have an opinion on the artic sport muck boot.
    I have a pair of Irish Setter Versa Tracs with 1000 grams of thinsulate and my feet still freeze. I wear a pair of thin poly/nylon socks then a heavy wool sock over the first. I have wide, flat feet and they sweat a bunch.
    Most pac boots won’t work cause they don’t come in wide sizes.
    HELP!!!!!!!!

outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

If you mean like the stieger muckluck boots the are very good. I do not personally own a pair but that is all my mother wears all winter long for the last 8 years. They are a pretty penny but she loves them. They do not cut off the blood flow so they help keep your feet warmer. not sure on the spelling but if you need help finding their website let me know. They are located in Ely, MN so it would be quite a drive.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I have a pair of the muckBoots that are insulated. My biggest beef is that they are so snug to the foot even in a size too large. When the temps go down, the feet tend to get cool. For ice fishing above 20 degrees they are nice, plus your feet stay dry, even if they sweat.

rrouff
    Aledo IL

Herb,

I had the same problem. I wear 11 4e so my boot chooses are limited. I ended up getting a pair of cabelas guide boots 1000 gram,wear a good pair of merino wool blend socks and then make sure my upper torso(core temp) stayed really toasty and my problem went away.

Jeff

herb
    6ft under

That’s what I was afraid of ct, thanks.
    Jeff, you’re right about our choices being very limited.
    Merino wool of at least 70% is what I go for. Even that is getting harder to find cause manufaturers are leaning to a blend of poly, acrylic, and very little wool if any.
    outdoors for life, I was talking about the Muck Boots, but thank you anyway.

ferny
    Stillwater, MN

Have any of you ever tried military Mickey Mouse boots?
    They’re cheap ~$60-$75 and indestructable! I got mine in 1983 when I was in the reserves and I still wear the same pair today. No liners to wear out or dry and they’re water proof. They come in white or black. My only beef is they are not that comfortable for long walking and are quite heavy. I see Fleet even has them now! There is a guy that is at the Ice/Sports shows that carries them also company name State Publications (no website)

I have sold half a dozen people on them and not one has been sorry. Many had LaCrosse Ice Mans or Ice Kings and weren’t happy but now they are.

Good Luck,

Ferny.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I have a pair of Irish Setter Buck Trackers. They have 1600 grams of thinsulate in them. I just love them. They are not so heavy as to be an inconvenience and my feet have never gotten cold while wearing them.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Quote:

Anyone have an opinion on the artic sport muck boot.
    I have a pair of Irish Setter Versa Tracs with 1000 grams of thinsulate and my feet still freeze. I wear a pair of thin poly/nylon socks then a heavy wool sock over the first. I have wide, flat feet and they sweat a bunch.
    Most pac boots won’t work cause they don’t come in wide sizes.
    HELP!!!!!!!!

Herb,
    There are all sorts of reduction surgeries…
    check into a toe reduction

herb
    6ft under

Oh har har
    Remind me to give you that slap you’ve been asking for next time I see you.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

you gonna slap me with your big foot

I look forward to you gettin up here fishign again buddy..I’ll keep you informed !!!

herb
    6ft under

Either the big one or the little one, haven’t decided yet. Well, never mind the slap. Deb says you like that sort of thing.
    I’ll be waiting for ice info.

gagervais

i know of people that have had the same problem with cold feet cuz the swet and they tryed ths thiner wool sock made buy smart wool….i think i was the one you would use in the fall and i think i worked out all right

Whiskerkev
    Madison

I would get a lighter boot and lay on a supply of those sole shaped warmers. If your feet get wet, change your socks. I put the warmers in after I get setup and stay toasty warm for many hours.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.