Clark County and area lakes?

• riveratt
    Central Wisconsin US-of-A

I’m hoping to make it out to Mead Lake tomorrow for my first trip on the ice this season. DOes anyone know what the ice is like? I know several have been fishing there all week but haven’t gotten a first hand report yet.

Otter Lake has been getting fished since last Saturday and I assume Miller Dam has as well. Not sure if ice is safe for ATVs just yet or not. I’m sure not on Otter as it is kind of springy.

Sure have gotten the itch. My Zercom is ready to go and my rods and reels are waiting too. Just need the time is all.

riveratt

Ok here is what I know to be rumor thus far. Mead Lake has between 4-5 inches of good ice. This lake I was on and verified the ice was in good condition in the areas I went to. The bite was scattered and slow.

We walked out onto Otter Lake to retrieve a gentleman who’s family was in a car accident. While I obviously didn’t have time to check into the quality of the bite I did try to take notice of the ice thickness. It appeared to be in the 5″ range and a couple ATVs were out on it.

This morning I talked to a few guys that were on Miller Dam and they said a good 6″ of ice and the bite was scattered. Do not try to drive onto Miller yet. The guy that tried to go on from Fishermans landing on the east side found out his truck doesn’t swim!

riveratt

Extreme cabin fever and bordom set in early today so I found my ice picks and studded shoes and headed to Mead Lake to see if i could get on after the week of rain and warm weather. I was surprised to find almost exactly the same amount of ice as a week ago and no slop on the top. The ice was very clear and, in most places, solid looking. There were many more fractures and cracks than last week as would be expected however. I’d not take my ATV out just yet. But the good news is the ice was thumping and groaning the whole 2 hours I was there. I think that means she’s making ice! The fish were again scattered and a bit timid.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.