Rush Ice fishing 12/9

• Derek
    Coon Rapids

Got out to the lake at around 7 am and fished till 2pm. i picked up 3 walleyes only one a keeper. we caught around 30 crappies and kept 15 that were all around 3/4 lbs. the fishing was good til 9am and slowed down to just about nothing. where we were there was 8 in of ice and there were lots of 4 wheelers out on the ice. we were fishing in about 30 ft of water and about 1ft to 2ft of the bottom catching them.

amarble_eye

i was just wondering, where on rush lake did you fish. sounds really interesting, and how would you access that place coming from I 35? thanks man. oh yeah, did people catch any perch?

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Yes. I was out there as well yesterday… Caught some perch, walleye, crappies, and some big sunfish! All in all, came back with 6 keepers (though, the walleyes I caught were not quite big enough… put them back).

Derek
    Coon Rapids

i came from hwy65 but i think you would exit on the rush city exit and take cr 6 across.i fish on the west side of the lake and i go to the public ramp or you can go out of cjs. you would take a right coming from the east right when you see a gas station and little store and the launch is about 5 miles or so up the road. there was alot of people out there

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

My neighbor was out on Sat and caught a bunch of walleyes, most were smaller but he did get some keepers.

Ron

schlankki
    otsego, mn

the ice on west rush by the sunken island reopened today so there is some open water use caution. Thin ice was out by crane island with a buddy and came home with 19 crappies between 10-12 inchs with some small eyes mixed in.

schlankki
    otsego, mn

Peng i’ve heard of people catching some perch but size is hard to come by. I’ve personally cuaght a few perch but no size 3-4 inchs and i’ve been fishing rush for10 years summer and winter.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.