Ice in Lakeville

• redneckjr
    Rosemount, MN

I made it out onto Lake Marion for a couple hours this afternoon for some early pike action. There is about 5-6 inches in most places. I had one flag right at dark, but it was too dark to see and by the time I saw it the fish was gone.

walleye33
    Farmington,mn

Good luck next time. Looks like you need to ask for a light for the flag at Christmas

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Thanks for the report, I hope to actully fish it soon, the parts of the lake I really want to fish I think has some much thinner ice. In fact there is a bit of open water out there yet.

redneckjr
    Rosemount, MN

I made it out there today and there was 8 inches of good clear ice (I was bored while waiting for the tip-ups to go up) Yes there is still open water, the DNR has an areator in there and that keeps that area from freezing for a long time. I ended uip catching 2 Northerns and a lot of bluegill. One of the Northerns was 27″ and the other was 22″.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

I was out there too today for a couple hours like 9 to 11 am, I didn’t feel like tip up fishing, so I just caught a couple perch and sunfish, all true quality Marion sized fish like 4 inches a piece.

You really think there is an areator in there? where?

redneckjr
    Rosemount, MN

Ya, I ended up not getting out there until Noon. My guess is that the areator is in the middle of the open water.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Yeah I guess there is an aerator out there guess I never knew, I’ve only ice fished it a couple times before. Usually I pick much better lakes, today it was close and Iwas really tired I just had to get out.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.