Who is this guy????

• nick
    Lakeville, MN

Looks a lot like my insurance guys

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

Awesome looking camera….any idea about the price? and length of cable?

charlie_heiman
    Randolph, MN

Nice presentation, now it has me thinking my aqua vue might need to be replaced.

Just a quick question i have is, how exactly does the marcum know the depth, i’m assuming there is some sensor on it, but just curious and wondering how accurate? thanks

nick
    Lakeville, MN

I’d guess it’s sonar,

For those wondering that is Scott Steil in the video.

millelacsjumbos
    Minnesota

I have one, and i’m guessing that it tells the depth by pressure. The reason I think this is because i dropped it down a 15-20 foot opening in my front entry way and it said 0ft the entire time. But it reads perfectly under water. By the way, I bought my 560 from Scott, I wonder if the camera in that video is the one i’m taking out fishing with me tomorrow?!

millelacsjumbos
    Minnesota

Quote:

Awesome looking camera….any idea about the price? and length of cable?

599.99 new in stores, i’ve seen then 499.99 reconditioned on the web. i’m pretty sure the standard length is 60 feet.

krisko
    Durand, WI

MarCum Makes a great product. If you look at the banner on the left of the screen you can go to the MarCum website and check them out.

Nice Video Scott!

scottsteil
    Central MN

That is a little clip off some filming we did on Mille Lacs last year. The retail stores have the full length version covering all the MarCum products. Getting good sound on the ice is tough Millelacsjumbo’s is the proud owner of the camera used in the video I believe.

davenorton50
    Burlington, WI

Active sonar detemines depth by measuring the time it takes sound waves to leave the transducer, reflect off the object, and return to the transducer while underwater. The speed of sound in water is about five times faster than the speed of sound in air so I’m sure any readings above the water would be totally inaccuate.

I guess they could determine how much cable is let out. But I’d bet it’s a transducer/ sonar.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I stood and watched the full length promo video at Sportsman’s Warehouse yesterday. I had to shake off a couple salesman, but I watched most of it. The video is informative and entertaining. I am sold on the LX-5, now I just need some money.

millelacsjumbos
    Minnesota

I watched it last weekend at Reed’s. When I grow up I want to get paid to go fishing!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

Active sonar detemines depth by measuring the time it takes sound waves to leave the transducer, reflect off the object, and return to the transducer while underwater. The speed of sound in water is about five times faster than the speed of sound in air so I’m sure any readings above the water would be totally inaccuate.

Nort…not that it makes much differance, but I did some research on this a couple years ago.

The “ping” actually travels three times faster in air than in water (water is more dense and takes more time to move it). With that in mind, a good way to check flashers or any sonar is to place the transduser 3 feet above a cement floor (carpet won’t work), have the gain turned all the way down and your sonar should read 9 feet.

If there isn’t a reading or it’s off…there’s likely a bad ‘ducer.

ggoody
    Mpls MN

HuH?

Sound travels much faster through water about 5 times faster……

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.