Marcum VX-1?

• riveratt
    Central Wisconsin US-of-A

I just saw the new Marcum VX-1 and this seems like a good unit for the money. has anyone used one of these yet that can tell me about the quality and accuracy of this? Any for sale used anywhere? Thanks!

nick
    Lakeville, MN

I just don’t think you can go wrong with this unit, it’s very basic, but it has the Interference reduction and it’s got marcum’s great flasher display, and to top that off the price is great! I was just talking to some people the other day and Gander, and this unit seems to be the hands down choice for Bang for the buck, the overall I don’t actually think there is any else close to is for even $100 more. If you want a cheap flasher option without the bells and whistles this is the flasher for you (IMHO).

For me this is my idea of a perfect second unit, a flasher for a friend, or one you buy and upgrade to a lx3/lx5 in a couple years. I already have 2 lx3’s and if I hadn’t found a great deal on my second lx3, I’d have one of these for my wife.

I’d check out the Gander Mountain branded model too, marcum makes the for Gander, and *I think* they are the same unit, you may be able to find a even better deal.

riveratt

Thanks for the info Nick. I tried an LX-5 last year and really liked it, just can’t justify the cost. This is the 12th year with my Zercom Clearwater Classic and don’t want to partwith it, I just want a 2nd unit for momma to use. The Zercom is only missing one thing, interference rejection. Other than that it is the bomb for me. I’ll check out the Gander models too. Last year they were the two color models from Marcum, the LX-1.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I just saw the new Marcum VX-1 and this seems like a good unit for the money. has anyone used one of these yet that can tell me about the quality and accuracy of this? Any for sale used anywhere? Thanks!

I think the MarCum VX-1 has a $50 rebate on it right now. So you can pick one up for $199.00 after rebate.

That’s a HECK of a good deal on a flasher.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Yeah forgot about the rebate! I do a ton of research on everything I buy, it probably has a lot to do with my opinions, but I’ll stand by the marcum is still handsdown better then vex even at the equal or greater prices.

No I’m not marcum prostaff, (but I should be ) I’m sure I’ve convinced numerous people that they are the best flashers out. I can’t help myself get involved in Vexilar vs. Marcum discussions. Not to sell Vexilar short they make great product too, great customer serivce and overall a great company, and I was never unhappy with my fl-18, I’m just happier with my lx3.

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Quote:

The VX 1 was designed with price in mind. You’ll be getting 600 watts of power, 6 IR settings, and a 5 foot bottom locking zoom. It truly is the most bang for your dollar. MarCum’s lowest end model is comparable to the FL-18. The biggest noteworthy differences is the VX 1 has 600 watts of power, which reduces the need for additional IR settings, Hence it has six levels. The FL- 18 has ten levels of IR and 400 watts of power. So its plain to see they’re comparable in class. But you can get a VX-1 right now for $180 cheaper. You’re thinking correctly.

riveratt

Thanks for all the feedback folks. Looks like I’ll be getting momma a Christmas present this year named Marcum, lol. My dad also has two Vexilars that he wants to sell and replace with the VX-1. The one is an FL18 that was new last year at the end of the season. Not sure whatthe other one is but it is only 3-4 years old. Anyone looking for a used Vexilar?

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Quote:

Anyone looking for a used Vexilar?

No thanks I’ll pass

david_scott
    Twin Cities

Vexilars are good units, I wont lie to anyone.. but they have one HUGE downfall to them.. they are very sensitive to interfearance compared to other units.. especially to marcum which have the tendency to light up every flasher around them and get very little interferance in return(marcum).

With the VX1 on the market, I dont see why anyone would buy the lesser unit(vex) for more money unless availability is the issue? Your not going to be happy fishing close to other flashers with a vex.. its that simple.. so how could you be gettng your moneys worth with one if you cant use it to assist catching a fish?

nealulmer
    Grand Forks, ND

I am looking for a used vexilar possibly. my email is [email protected] so if you have one just send me a line. Thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.