weekend fishing

• BJR

First time posting my own message on the site. Going out this weekend for the first time. Wonder if anyone is catching anything on Lake Onalaska or by Stoddard. Also, how much ice is there. Any info would be helpful. Thanks.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

i’ll be at stoddard tomorrow. I hear guys have been out on it for about 5 days. Should be plenty of ice.
    There are also guys fishing fisherman’s road from what I hear. Good luck to you.

jld
    Holmen

I would assume Lake Onalaska is good to go also. I saw a couple of guys out in front on Red Sails Wed. afternoon and I plan on checking a few spots this afternoon. I will post what I find out. I did see a few guys and a shack off of the end of Fisherman’s Rd by the spillway. That surprised me a little because of the current there. Is Goose Island closed off this weekend because of the handicapped hunt? What is going to be the over under for cars at Stoddard this weekend….100 or more?

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

They were fishing all over at Stoddard today. I agree with a 100 cars or more for this weekend! Temps in the 40’s and everyone is an icefisher

john_r
    LaCrosse Wi

GOT OUT FISHING FOR THE FIRST TIME THIS AFTERNOON. wENT TO GOOSE ISLAND. aCTUALLY DID OK. cAUGHT FISH AS SOON AS I GOT SET UP. lOTS OF SMALL ONES BUT DID KEEP 7 FOR THE PAN. Was there about 2 hrs. Had to be very agressice with the jig , then let it sit and be right off the bottom. They just hammered it. Was fun for sure.
    About the hunt in goose this weekend, it will be closed both days until noon, good luck fishinf guys.

jld
    Holmen

Stopped by Lake Onalaska this afternoon and talked to a couple of guys coming off the ice. There is 4″-5″ of ice according to them but the fishing was very slow. Lots of lookers but not many takers they said. I was hoping to get a better report there but may have to try somewhere else. Good luck to everybody and most important; stay safe.

BJR

Three of us fished Lake Onalaska today. We ended with about 20 keepers per person. We had some really nice fish but most were just average. Fished out from the landing in 5 to 6 feet of water and the jig colors were bright. It sure was an awesome day to be on the water.

jld
    Holmen

Fished a few hours also at Lake Onalaska today but didn’t have the success that BJR did. Caught a few perch but we fished in 12-13 ft of water. It was a great day to be out.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.