Underwater Camera Question

• trophy190
    NW IA

I am looking at buying a new camera and I was wondering if the ones with the white lights are really better than the rest.

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

What exactly do you mean “white lights”? What models are you refering to?
    There are plenty of people here that will give reviews on any camera around.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Personally I haven’t seen the latest and greatest by either marcum or aqua-vu, but I’m hard pressed to think they really work at night, I know my $400 Aqua-vi mcs with the “upgraded” lights is totally worthless at night. This biggest issue is all the plankton, with the lights on it just looks like a snowy day.

shaley
    Milford IA

I have a scout lights are worthless, works great during the day but at sunset you put it away. Fished with a buddy 2 winters ago his brother had a Marcum ( no clue what unit) but he could still see his jigs at 9 pm. I’m sure the new 560 works at night and I like the ability to move the camera angle without having to twist the cord (the camera rotates in a housing) I’ll be upgrading next year I hope to the 560.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

I agree, the plankton sure makes it tough. but I put it down well after dark and could still see crappies with it. Its very blurry and all with the planton, but the crappie’s irrodescent scales really will shine at night with a light on them. As will almost any fish. I’m not disagreeing with anyone, because I too think it kind of stinks that you pay that much and it doesn’t work all that efficiently at night, but its better than nothing at all!
    i usually will prefer to just hop around with the flasher once twilight settle in though. Much less of a hassle. :waytgo:

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.