Mille Lacs -7 below this am

• Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

Guys even with the cold temperatures we are having the past 24-36 hours. We still have some open areas on the lake. This photo that I just took is of an area on the northend of Mille Lacs near Red Door. You can see the steam coming of the water in the distance.

The wind is now blowing out of the west…..when is this wind going to stop! Its too cold and windy for this old boy to be outside working today. I’m in the garage getting things ready……

steve-fellegy
    Resides on the North Shores of Mille Lacs--guiding on Farm Island these days

Reports of OPEN WATER yesterday(Thursday the 6th) from Rocky Reef area north and east to Barnacles tells me there is less than 2″ of ice in some places even this morning and will still be this weekend. But the OLD ice should really be gettin’ good now. 6-8″ for sure. But that NEW ice as of this morning will take a long time to get to 6″ with the long range forecast. If the snow stays off…the whole thing should be fine in a week or so–ATV travel. The shoreline stuff is fine now for the most part. Some of that open water–now thin ice, is within 200yds of shore out from Pike Point but mostly a 1/4 mile from shore or more from Rocky Reef area north ALL ALONG the west and north end.

Steve Fellegy
    218-678-3103

david_scott
    Twin Cities

Hopefully the lake will lock up for you guys pretty quick.. doesnt take long to pack on ice once there is about an inch.. getting the inch in 20+ mph winds all the time is the tricky part.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.