Stupid question?

• suckerslayer
    Red Wing, MN

I heard from an unreliable source that there are people that are attaching a cordless electric drill to the bottom half of a hand auger by some sort of adapter. I wouldn’t think a cordless drill would have enough power, and the cold would be hard on the batteries. Has anybody heard of this or a I just gullable?

suckerslayer
    Red Wing, MN

Sorry didn’t do enough research.

JCK
    nora springs ia floyd

I believe this is what you want http://www.amfyoyo. com Neat products

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Now THAT is some wild stuff. I never knew such a think existed. I think if you packed along 3 or 4 batteries with you, that might be good for the day. You can usually find a few batteries on ebay too. But the real question is…..I only have a 12 volt I think it is, a Craftsman. Do you need to have some of the bigger drills, like the 18 and 19’s?

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Ah, well, looks like I need to do more reading before I ask!! Taken from their site:

WARNING: 18 volt or less cordless drills producing less than 400 in/lbs of torque WILL NOT satisfactorily handle an 8″ or greater auger. Therefore, check the maximum torque production of your drill prior to purchase of the YoAuger.

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Those are pretty ideal for a person to open up holes in their permanent

TSCTSC
    Rochester, MN

I tried it last winter. It may not be the same exact one but I had a 19V cordless drill which I bought an adaptor for. It may have hp but it does not have enough torque to drill thru too many holes. In fact, with my battery full charged, it got stuck halfway thru the hole and I had to manual auger it through. My verdict is that anything that connects to a 19V cordless home Black and Decker home drill is not going to be enough. But I saw some new electric based augers at the ice show. They may be better.

shaley
    Milford IA

I had 1 mounted on a 7″ mora till someone stole it. I ran it off my 12 volt DeWalt with 2 full batteries I could get 10-12 holes through 6-8″ of ice. After 8″ I use the gas.

jfrank
    BARABOO,WI

have done it last 2 years….works great with 4″ – 6″ mora…15 – 20 holes on charged battey 6-10 inch ice

Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

Yeah, they work pretty slick if you have a good drill.

1hawghunter
    Grand Rapids, MN

I thought it was for mixing drinks out on the lake?????

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Quote:

I thought it was for mixing drinks out on the lake?????

Now THERE’S someone who’s thinkin!!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.