Ice Tournament Update

• mccrty_ryn
    Holmen, WI

Forgot to sign up I’m in.

redneckjr
    Rosemount, MN

I know it’s not for awhile yet but I was just wondering when the tourney will be over. I just want to know so I know if I have to get my but out there in a hurry or not.

col._klink
    St Paul

I think it is over when mother nature turns ice back to water.

Craig Matter
    Hager City,Wi

Less than a month to go…..The rules state March 1st

Read the rule because they do have some specific instructions that some people are not following…. You need a picture on the ice (ICE VISIBLE) of you holding the fish and the entry ticket. Those that fish by them-self need to be creative getting the ice picture of yourself on they ice with a entry ticket. I put my camera on my bucket sometime it takes a couple shots to get it lined up. GOOD LUCK

Whatsa

col._klink
    St Paul

I hear ya man. But what do you do when your fishing in a sleeper and it is dark out with a -40 windchill?

I had to throw some clothes on (I was in my pj’s ) to take the picture of my crappie.

ozzyky
    On water

good point….same thing when you are in a portable at night. (When I caught my gill I registered.)

dodge_boy
    Minocqua, Wi

What do you do if ya forgot your camera? Like I did. Are ya s.o.l?

Craig Matter
    Hager City,Wi

I’d say you are SOL………I’m just stating what the rules say….. The judges will be the ones to determine if your fish is going to hold up. If you get a good fish I’d try and get the picture of the fish on the ice with the entry ticket in your hand so it doesn’t get disqualified by the judges. The fishes mouth should be closed when you take the measurement…. I see that the judges have adjusted sizes of claimed fish because the mouth is open….. I’m not saying that you’re cheating but it’s easy to put pictures of fish that could have been caught 2 years ago. Good luck to all……looks like about 14.5 inch crappie is the mark to beat….going to try and beat it this weekend.

Whatsa

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

I agree rules are rules. They are very easy to follow. Not to stir the pot but, I would not have excepted colklink’s crappie. There is no ice in the picture to be found. Sure I know it was taken in a fish house but the rules state there has to be ice in the picture. Kick the door open for the snap shot. This is getting large enough that there should be no exceptions in my opinion.
    Just my 2 cents worth and not meant to stir anything up

Viewing 9 posts - 91 through 99 (of 99 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.