Go Devils

• scottsteil
    Central MN

I had a lot of people stop by the MarCum booth this weekend at the ice show wondering where they could find Go Devil Jigging Spoons. So, this post is for all those new guys to IDA. They are available from BFISHN Tackle and you can find their link the left side of the page. Just click on it

Or Click right here:

http://bfishntackle.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=46

timmy

Scott – What size do you use the most for eyes?

Tim

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

I just got my supply of Go Devils in today! Bought the 10 Jig Value Pack from B Fish N Tackle!!!

scottsteil
    Central MN

I use the 1/8 ounce for 90% of my fishing. I have used the bigger ones, especially in current and the small ones for perch and crappie. However, the best all around size by far is the 1/8 ounce.

The Red Glow ones work so well on Red Lake for Crappies and those pesky walleye they should be illegal. Red Glow works great on many lakes, but on Red Lake it is deadly!!

Thanks to BFT for the great price on these spoons. Many years ago I used to pay $21 plus some change for the same card of spoons and the colors are MUCH better now.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Like Scott said the red glow is hot and also its hard to find ”gold” ones and you will notice that they have them here. Scott is an ice fishing expert who guides on the ice. He really knows his stuff. He has put together a pretty good On the Ice Pro Staff so if you are like me I’m going to watch and listen as a person can always learn more and up his odds for some great days on the ice by using the knowledge that these guys will be sharing.
    Thanks, Bill

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

People don’t beleive until they fish with me, in that I use go devils 90% of my total time ice fishing. When I fish, I fish fast. This spoon allows me to get the bait down fast while enabling me to cover more ground. Thats a big deal when on the hunt for walleye or perch. Combine a good flasher and a good bait and you get a set up that will put em on the ice I like the 1/8 oz

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

BfisnN Tackle had them at the Sportsman’s show last year. Bought a pile and put them with my ice gear…and just found them…

They are great for channel cats on the horseshoe chain through the ice. Sometimes with a half fathead other times with a live one or two.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I ordered my 10 pack this morning, and their already on the way.

scottsteil
    Central MN

I guess I should have mentioned Catfish also Brian. That is all I use on the Horseshoe Chain for Catfish. Although, I don’t admit to fishing them in public very often

shoot_n_release
    Mora, MN

Can you buy these at a local retailer? Thorne Bros, Gander, etc. I might as well put the $4.99 shipping towards more lures.

Lars

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I’ve seen them around. I know I bought a few at Thornes last year.

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

It does break down to 2.20 a jig. I figure that is easier then trying to find out where they are and I also get 2 of each of them. and if there is a hot color then just get more of that color.

Broncs

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I got my Go Devils from BfishN Tackle today. The paint jobs look great, and the gold is very sharp. Two weeks until the LOTW walleyes get to take a bite out of them.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

S&R, I have found them in small bait shops, and all around Mille Lacs and URL and LOTW. I have not seen them much in the big shops. (Their loss!)
    I ordered from BFT yesterday morning, and got my package 2day!!!! Now I am stoked and stocked!!!!
    Thanks BFT!
    Thanks Scott! I have the hottest of the hot colors for Mille Lacs.

shoot_n_release
    Mora, MN

Thanks Tuck,

I picked a bunch last night at Thorne Bros. That sure is a nice place.

Now I’m ready… at least until I get out fishing for the first time and realize what I’ve forgotten.

Lars

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

how much were they at thorne bros?

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Those perch/firetiger and the red are my pre-season favorites right now!
    Man am I amped. Going pheasant hunting this weekend, California next weekend, and then it is Mille Lacs every weekend.

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

The price at Thorne Bros. is competitive but the selection is 0!!! By that I mean some were on the shelf but not perch, red glo, orange chart. Nothing in 1/8 oz either.

I was at the store last night. The guy working I talked to was no help either. I asked him when more would be available and he replied “It could be tomorrow or it could be next year”. I have to vent a little, what the F type of answer is that???? He said the Ice Show wiped them out.

I’ll be sending B-Fish-N an order. After last night let me save you guys the fuel of driving around and pay the $5 for shipping. These are not at Gander(Blain) or Sportsman Warehose(Coon Rapids) and Thorne Bros.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.