auger repair

• redneckjr
    Rosemount, MN

I would like to get my auger repaired. Does anyone know of a place in the south metro that is relitavily cheap, but does good work?

nick
    Lakeville, MN

What’s wrong with it?

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Quote:

What’s wrong with it?

Yep?

redneckjr
    Rosemount, MN

Well, I don’t really know I’m not that good with motors. But It starts REALLY hard if it starts at all, and when it does run it is weak and dies under pressure while drilling the hole. and the throttle dosen’t work quite right.

jbob
    Hastings, MN

What kind of auger is it? If it is a strike master take it to the factory on Hwy 10 in Big Lake.

redneckjr
    Rosemount, MN

It’s a strikemaster, but it’s an OLD one.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

I would think you have a fuel problem, probably too lean, probably a clogged jet.

If it were me, I’d get a new spark plug and tear into the carb see if there is any junk floating in the bowl clean the jets out with some carb cleaner, it’s not really rocket science, You should be able to do that without much effort and about $5. I’d also check to make sure air can get in easy, clean air filter, and maybe check the muffler if possible. The biggest worry I’d probably have is the gaskets on the carb, if they are bad and you need to replace them, you’ll probably have to order them, which may take some time or whatever, but I guess if it isn’t usable then it’s probably not much of a loss. Then I’d run some seafoam through it.

It really should be a simple job, a good thing to learn IMHO. If you are really too scared to tear into it yourself, give me a holler, not to try and say I’m a engine mechanic in any stretch of anyone’s mind, I’d done this with a couple of different carbsand I’ve had good luck thus far, but no promises, I’d help ya out for free, but buyer beware you may get what you paid for .

birddog
    Mn.

I agree with nick. Sounds like a carb problem, you can pick up those carbs on the cheap and swap out in no time, even if you’re not good with motors it’s pretty simple. New carb along with a fresh air cleaner and new plug, you’ll be ripping holes in no time!

BIRDDOG

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Probably just needs the main jet cleared out……..I’ll take look at it if can get it to South MPLS……if not any small engine shop can get a Tecumseh going.

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

My vote for D-Rock– , they took mine in the morning and had it back to me by the end of the day. had only 2 or the 3 latches that help the coil. and I think I paid 10.00 for the work. very reasonable and knowledgeable.

Broncs

redneckjr
    Rosemount, MN

I’ve had it apart and checked everything out (I took a small engine class last year) I looked at everything I just don’t feel comfortable with tweaking on stuff. That was my guess also, but it seems fine. Nick if you want to take a look i’ll see if my dad will let me get out there this weekend. Otherwise I can’t travel very far unless its to a shop. It”s old enough that it probably needs a tune up anyway.

jbob
    Hastings, MN

Strikemaster has a repair shop at the factory. Most time they will work on it while you wait. Cost is low. Call them at 763-268-8999.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

D-Rock 651-639-0446

They specialize in Auger repair.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

If the carb is clean, then the tweaking is probably best done by a good shop. Cleaned pleanty of carbs, never did much to adjust them.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.