Game On

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Things are starting to look good. I made it out yesterday. I didnt measure the ice but it’s definitely under 4″. I suppose 2.5. It held me up without cracking or sagging and was super easy to make holes with just a spud. The first ice bite was definitely what I anticipated and a mess of nice gills was easy except for the weather. I fished outside to run and gun so that cold wind was tough. My biggest was 8 3/4. It sure looked huge next to the 8 inchers. I used a new pair of ice cleats and they worked awsome. They look like sandles with screws on bottom. I bought them at Gander. I highly recommend them.

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

I gotta make a stop at Gander and pick up a few items… glad to hear the ice is ready . Can’t wait to get out the short rods and give it a go…

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

Mike, were you over in cheese land or in minnesota? Glad to hear you had success and the ice was Ok.

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

There aren’t any fish over on this side of the river – just beer, bratwurst, and cheese .

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Lake X. Metro.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

When she warms up next week Mike, you may have a transponder affixed to your truck…

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

i fished the backwaters of pool 8 down here in lax this afternoon. Shallow slough of around 3 feet. I was fourtunate to actually catch a few fish with the 20 minutes i had. The bus went a very odd route which i am still very very angry about, and I did not get home until 4:10 when school gets out at 3:20! might I add, my house is only about 6 miles away. Anyway, ice was great, i guess around 3.5 inches, but again, this is a shallow, slow current area. I was happy to catch a few with 2 being real nice
    later,
    Cade

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Lake X Metro…12/20/05….

Glad you got out Cade..we’re looking for some Ice Reports again from you in the lax area!

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

Quote:

Lake X. Metro.

Hey Mike, isn’t that lake near that one other spot that just south of the north side of the eastern part of the western location?

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Easy Brian. Someone might recognize the ice in the back ground. The fact is there are so many gills lakes around its not funny. All the lakes around Chisago put out keeper gills. The real challenge is finding bigger than average gills.

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

Mike, you took to Brian to one of your secret lakes? Now the cat will definitely be out of the bag. Just kidding ya. I agree sunfish can be found rather easily, finding the big ones is more of the challenge. I want to get out, but I’m still pretty busy with the little one.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

Mike, you took to Brian to one of your secret lakes? Now the cat will definitely be out of the bag.

Its an ongoing test of his character. Everytime I fish there I aske other anglers if they know BrianK. THe first time one says yes Brian is cut off from all future secret spots.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Suzuki…I knew you had to work today…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.