We’re getting close!!!

• Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Went out duck hunting at Stagecoach today and we have over 3 inches. We walked half way across the lake and there were no problems. I’m gettin the rest of my stuff lined up tonight and I think I’ll give it a try tomorrow evening!!

walleye4
    On the Water

Ice, Ice BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going to try and get the floor built for the shanty on Tuesday.

djorg
    Central City, NE

Three to four inches of crystal clear ice on the sandpits around Central City today.

Fishing was tough and really didn’t give it that much time. Drilled 16 holes and only a couple of bites in tight on some structure.

Plan on venturing a little north tomorrow to find a fish or two. Possibility of a sandhills trip this weekend if it doesn’t warm too much.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Sounds like a great idea!!! I should have been ice fishing on Sunday but we duck hunted instead. I was going to go last night but after the warm day yesterday I was too nervous and I will not go by myself untill there is 4 inches. Now today it’s supposed to be 51 and that can’t be good!!!

djorg
    Central City, NE

Well we ventured North on 281 this morning and found 6-8″ of ice on Goose Lake. The problem there was that we could only find about 4′ of water. The water was really murky. Water clarity of possibly one foot. I thought that that would have been cleared up with the renovation three years ago. I hope that they got the carp; but I am really wondering now. We stayed a Goose for three hours and caught one nice ‘gill.

We came back down 281 to Erickson; last year we did real well there on crappie. It was 58 degrees at 1:00 and the ice was a little sketchy at the best. Probaby 3-4 inches and clear. There were a few holes on the ice that were a day or two old. But it didn’t look like anyone stayed there long.

We left there and went to Pibel and caught some ‘gills. The ice was good ice and 5-6″ thick and the clarity was much better than Goose. Got one nice LMB and a cat also.

Greatly disappointed in Goose; hope that it was just a bad trip!!!!!

Further North and West; go west young man go west.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Glad to hear that you made it out!!! I’m jealous!!! It was 61 in Lincoln today and now I’m hoping it all goes away and we can start over. There was some spots that opened up on Stage Coach today.
    I’m thinking about heading North to SoDak this weekend. I really need a ice fishing fix!!! I’ve heard there is 6 inches in the Sioux Falls area.

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Crazy stuff for sure. I drove down to Hastings yesterday and saw hardly any ice at all. When I woke up and saw it was 61 here, I thought the thing was broken. It’s getting harder to think of this ice fishing stuff with this nice weather. We’ll be in KS slabbing stripers on Saturday, but after that, I say bring on the snow.

walleye4
    On the Water

Oh-YEA…………..Walleyes & Stripers in KS this weekend boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then it can get cold and snowy all it wants.

Todd_NE

Have a good time, I’m headed to Waubay for saturday.

T

djorg
    Central City, NE

Todd, please post a report.

Some of us retired teachers are looking at going to SD soon and would like to know what is happening up that way. I think that the wife would probably pay for the gas to get me out of the house.

Tony Dean had a report on his site about Siani and Whitefoot among others.

Have some fun and give us a shout back.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.