St Paul Ice Fishing Show

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Man were the isles filled yesterday afternoon!

It’s running 11:00 to 5:00 on it’s final day today.

Lots of “deals” going on, some had to be asked for…others were just up front great buys…

Here’s a few pics from yesterday.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Scott Stiel at he Marcum booth going through camera details with visitors…it’s funny, I heard a rumor that if you bought a Marcum product at the show yesterday…it came along with a signed picture of Scott!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

From Back Left at the Otter Booth was Chris Hanson, Back Right is a fella form FM that I don’t recall his name (sorry) and Mr Aqua Joe in the forground with the IDA hat on.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Derek Johnston was all over yesterday helping out Jiffy Dealers answer questions about Jiffy’s products. Here he’s polishing a Jiffy in the Thorne Bros booth.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Above is Lori Wigen from Fishermans Wharf resort on Mille Lacs.

In-Depth Angling will be using Fishermans Wharf to help with the over flow from Hunter’s Point in January for our Cabin Fever Reliever.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Bill Lorimer of Reel Weeds. He was amazing folks all day with the DVD of how their weeds helped catch fish.

The one clip showed a area of lake bottom void of anything. One weed was dropped down…and within 7 seconds there were sunfish all around the weeds. Pretty impressive videos.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

It was nice to finally meet you Brian. I’ll be checking the ice, as per discussion. Maybe Monday. I thnik we’ll need at least another week though at these temps to get things really ready. CT

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

…and where do you think Calvin was yesterday??

This was my last photo taken. Calvins glimmering smile cracked the lens on my cell phone camera.

Time for a new phone anyway.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Same here Crappie Tom! Mike was saying he was ready to go too…

Safety first…Fish come second!

hof
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

Same here Crappy Tom! Mike was saying he was ready to go too…

Hey BK,

Your spelling needs a little assistance – try Crappie Tom.
    Yes, I am very ready to go. There were a few guys out yesterday on some of the shallow areas and I’m sure there will be more today. Safety should always come first!

Good Fishing,
    Mike

hanson

Nice seeing ya Brian!

icemac33

Got to fish yesterday and go to the show today. I’m feeling a little spoiled here. I saved about ten bucks on a two pack of reelweeds and 5 or 6 on a URL Lakemaster map. Also picked up a 6 ft LED 12v light for about 15. 1/2 the price and twice the length of the clams. After attending this show the last few years, I would have to say that Sunday is the day to go. I love the luxury drop-down shacks. I really can’t see myself fishing in some of these. I would have to make people take their boots off at the door and leave their bibs with the doorman.

shaley
    Milford IA

Nice meeting fellow member, Brians not all that bad a guy really Luckily he didnt take my pic or the lense would have been broken sooner

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Sorry Tom! Man is that embarressing!

Hanson? I was going to ask you if you met up with the girl you were looking at when I took your picture above??

ICEMAC33, was I on one of my extended breaks when you bought your weeds? I liked the video clip of the weeds going to the bottom of the lake and within 7 seconds there were a number of gills hanging out..that was cool! Let us know how your weeds work on URL…and when you get the doorman…I’ll stop by!

Schaley you schmuck…that’s why I didn’t take a picure of you! Glad you made it up here…I wish we could have met when there was more time to talk. One of the GTG’s maybe??

shaley
    Milford IA

I’m like a bad penny always showing up someplace

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Above is Mike Wood of the LakeMaster Map Company.

They had some very nice framed maps of lakes on display. I didn’t get a chance to she if they had a Stahls lake map…next year I guess.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Here’s a couple new freinds from St Croix Rods.

On the left is David Lofgren, St Croix Rod’s Regional Account Manager and on the right is Ted Kaminski, one of St Croix Rod’s Pro Staff members.

I have to add a comment here. The new improved St Croix ice rod is pretty darn impressive! The had a 1/32 oz ice fly on the line and just touching it or slightly lifting it would make the rod move MORE than noticably. I didn’t have time to check them out closer than that…but I’m sure going to the next time I’m down at Everts.

Borch

I guess that would be me in the FM outfit.

Nice talking with you again Brian. I’ll definitely see you again at the catfish hole if not before.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Quote:

Quote:

Same here Crappy Tom! Mike was saying he was ready to go too…

Hey BK,

Your spelling needs a little assistance – try Crappie Tom.

I have given up trying to correct Brian’s spelling!
    Good luck Mike!

scottsteil
    Central MN

Don’t feel bad guys, if you look back he spelled my name wrong too. Maybe a little

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

But I did yours on purpose Scott!

I before E except in Steil! Got it!

shaley
    Milford IA

Ok I now belive stinkbait rots the brain.

Just Say No To Stinkbait

He mispelled mine to

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Gez! A before S…except in stinkbait!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.