Ice fisherman on Fleming Lake,Aitkin Co.Mn

• Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

I have been working on a cabin on Fleming Lake north of Aitkin. The cabin is between Fleming Lake and Wilkinson Lake. This afternoon a guy walked out on Fleming Lake from the public access and was fishing as I left work this afternoon!!!!!

Whats strange is Fleming is ice covered and Wilkinson is open………the two lakes are right next to one another…..

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Is one lake more clear than the other? More exposed to wind?

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Who cares about the wind, the guy is nuts…….

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I think the guy is lucky Lucky he is out on the ice already

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Wilkins is deeper and not as shallow or protected as Fleming. Fleming is one of the very first ice lakes to be fish able and has some nice crappies.

lamarboarder911
    maple grove mn

hey guys i have a cabin on wilkins lake the lake right next to flemming its not wilkinson lol, but the reason fleming is frozen and wilkons isnt yet is because fleming has a max depth of around 18 feet give or take a few. wilkins depth is around 50, also it is much clearer and it has five under water springs through out the lake. I was up there for thanks giving and fleming was froze over then with a inch and a half by the landing, and a personally I havent ever caught a crappie over ten inches on fleming, wilkons is a sifferent story. but if your looking for action fleming is great i always catch a ton of crapies, and get a few nice northerns and a eye here and there. well be safe

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.