Got your gear ready to go?

• matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Alright so it got cold out,…..now its time for step 2.

You’ve been fiddling with your rods and arranging your jigs and such. You’ve been wanting to head into the sports store to find something, whether you need it or not.
    Yup, I’ve been there too.

I picked up a few new things this year that are going to make fishing a bit easier. First I’m impressed with the RAM mount I just picked up for my h2Oc. I got the suction cup mount. Its not the one that you just push on. It has a lever that you turn that sucks it to the windshield or what ever you can suck it to. I can’t believe how well it stays on. So not only do I use my h2o on the water, I use it for everyday driving. Using lakemaster’s chip for its atlas data is great for navigation. No need to pull out the paper maps anymore.
    The other new piece of equipment thats going to make life easier is the new stone legacy rod case. Holds 8 rods without tangling them. I’ve always had a problem with rods getting braided together. Not anymore. Its a hard sided case and theres still room for all tackle and such. Heres the link to the bags. THey really are the ticket.
    Revolution bags

What am I missing here guys? I may have to admit I don’t need anything and really don’t want to do that!

gobig-or-gohome
    Lake Minnetonka area

Do any stores carry those bags? I have a couple year old croxton pond bag and was looking for a new one as one of the pockets got slightly melted after being knocked into a heater on LOTW by somebody

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

well most important you need ice!!!!! not much is going to freeze in this wind today!!!!

Did you respool, buy a few new rods or reels to fight those big eelpout this winter!!!

Put red hooks on your spoons!!!! Put some reel oil in the reels…start your auger just to smell the gas and oil burning….ok I guess I am ready….Oh one other thing make sure to charge your flasher now to insure your good to go once we get ice!!!!

Later….

birddog
    Mn.

The last few evenings I’ve spent, gasing the auger, charging the vex and view, spooling and oiling reels.

Only a few more things to get taken care of…wind shield on wheeler, buy a holder for the H2O and a 12V plug for the wheeler. I think that’ll do it. Oh, and a auger holder for the wheeler. I better get busy.

BIRDDOG

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

I’ve got the augers running, all the tackle ready…spooled up 16 rods with new line..(am I crazy?)..charged all eight of my batteries. Got the headlamps ready. I am trying to do some lighting in my shack, I have some leds that I am putting in it…need to get that done yet.

I started the sled, getting an auger rack for that..
    Put on the ram holder for my H20C, and am just waiting on the new LM chip..

what else..?

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

You forgot to mention your new FL-20.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Someday when I get big, I am going to have a sled. Walking everywhere gets to be a pain

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

You forgot to mention your new FL-20.

Darn I don’t have one of them. I’m going to have to use my new LX-5

I have had the Jiffy running a couple of times in the garge just to suck up some fumes. What a great fix

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Yep.. I got the new two-stroke scented air-fresheners for my truck today.

I really dont miss that smell in the summer but it seems to be like fresh cut grass in the winter.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

My hand auger will smoke that 4-joke..

yellowjacket
    Byron, MN

My 10″ Ardisam from the Mayflower will get ‘er dun….

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

We’ll have to have a race…

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I will be picking up my new Otter next weekend…I should get that put together…I fired up my Lazer Ultra Mag and she purrs like a kitten…I’ll need to make a stop at Cabelas and pick up some new line for a couple of rods, My 42″ pulsator rods for hole jumping are way ready to go…Checked out the blades on my hand auger (Strike Master Lazer 6″) and they are looking great !! I won’t even need the power auger till Feb for sure…

I’m looking forward to the P10 Ice GTG this year..as I’m sure we can’t get canceled out two years in a row…

Nuttin better then catching slabbers thu 6″ of ice in 3 feet of water…

WHAM !!! Fish On !!!

metrolunker
    Metro lakes

Got everything ready to go. I tried starting my auger and it won’t start. I took it apart and clean the carb and everything else that was there. Put some gas in there, 3 pulls and it start right up, I’m a happy fisher. I don’t know what happen but it always happens to me every year. Now, I just need my shelter lic. and I’m good to go.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.