Cold weather might be coming…

• James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

But it looks like two days of warm(ish) rain first before the deep freeze hits on Wednesday.

I see they’re forecasting 61 and thunderstorms in Red Wing on Tuesday… and that just ain’t right!

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

If the temps are correct and the rain/thunderstorm prediction is off I’m gonna try and make it there. I have been sidelined for two weeks and I need at least one warm weather outing on the river before its done.

dd

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I’ll be on the river tomorrow…..I think.

scenic tackle
    Bemidji, MN

Here in the North Country we have been below freezing the last couple days and nights with very little wind. Tuesday is supposed to be our turning point where we are expecting some cold air to reach us from an Artic blast. So bring it on.

micah-witham
    Richfield

James
    in your experience, what will that weather do to the fishing? is it worth it to get out in that before the real cold comes or wait until it warms up on the back side of the cold snap coming?
    micah

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Today (monday) should be the day on the river. I’ve found time and time again that, during the winter, when a strong front is coming the best day to be in the water is not the day when the front moves through but the day before the front moves through. So… if Tuesday is the day we’ll see the front Monday is the day you want to fish.

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Yep……. Yesterday would have been great, couldn’t do it.
    Today: Pouring rain, thunder, lightning, wind.
    Looking forward to laundry, housecleaning, and running errands today.

dd

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.