weight of jigging spoon???

• roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

Using Go Devils as an example, what is a good typical weight for Jigging Spoons? Go Devils come in a 1/16 oz, 1/8 oz and 1/4 oz. Is there a “rule of thumb” concerning what weight to use for eyes’???RR

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

I like the 1/8oz and 1/16.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Quote:

The Angle Eye is another Scenic jigging style lure that tears eyes up too. Larger crappies can develop a liking for them too. The Angle eyes fish a bit slower due to the drop rate, but that is what makes them so effective.

I love fishing with Angel Eyes. They are my go-to spoon for walleyes. I fish Lake Pepin through the ice and nine out of ten day Angel Eyes will outdo the other spoons soundly. On Mille Lacs, Devils Lake, and Winnie ( and I’m sure everywhere else)perch gobble them up too!!!!!

shaley
    Milford IA

Eyes like the Angel Eye here also, reminds me I need a few

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

So, if I am reading this right, the Angel Eyes and Go Devils can be used on the river? I bought a few of these for the Mille Lac GTG last year and have not used them since.
    If you can use them, do they have to be tipped with meat? I don’t care to use meat in the late fall or winter, but might give them a try if needed. You can never have enough tools in the bag of tricks for eyes

shaley
    Milford IA

If I’m useing one on a dead stick I’ll tip with a minnow. For perch I’ll stick on a few waxies. For jigging just a minnow head works good.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Quote:

If I’m useing one on a dead stick I’ll tip with a minnow. For perch I’ll stick on a few waxies. For jigging just a minnow head works good.

Yep. What he said.

shaley
    Milford IA

I get it right once in awhile

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.