Forcast Lookin good…

• cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

but not until the 29th will we be in business. Its not that far off, but these next couple weeks anticipating the ice are going to suck! I would say we are gonna be on thin ice about the same time as last year(2″) and i was out on the 4th. Judging by the forcast, I wouldn’t doubt right away that we will be out then. Just hope we don’t get any snow until after we get 3″ of the clear stuff (last year we got a few inches right away and that limited early ice growth)…so cross your fingers, and its going to be here soon enough!
    Accuweather 15 day forcast:
    Accuweather 15 day

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I have been keeping my eye on the long range weather forecasts myself It is FINALLY looking somewhat promising. The water temps are cool enough if we could just get that big push of cold nights and days with minimal winds.
    I am going to try and keep busy with a trap line until the ice gets here

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

yeah the rivers primed and ready…just need the REAL cold snap. I tested the aqua vu today off the bridge at goose island, the temp guage read 39 degs….Needs to come down a little bit, but that won’t take long with a day or 2 that doesn’t reach more than 28 degrees.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.