‘O7 Cabin Fever Reliever @ Hunter’s Point!

• Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

hey Cletus,

you and I should keep in touch, I might be heading up there for the day as well, seeing how i live in Blaine and you are on my way, figured that we could ride together and chat for the short drive. shoot me a PM if you are interested.

shane

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Dman, are there “Day Shacks” available? If so, there are motels at the Wharf, and the cabins at Hunters..
    Could yo check into that? I know there are 4 at the Wharf, and Derek and I give them two for price and “Niceness.”

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Shane,

Uhg… I just realized… Jan 20th (Saturday) is the Brainerd Ice Tourney. Already sent in for my tickets. Dang it!!!!!!!!! I think IDA had there GTG on the same date last year. Hey James, think we could work around that next year?

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

thats cool, well if anyone else wants to head up for the day, look me up!!!

shane

chappy
    Hastings, MN

[quote) I think IDA had there GTG on the same date last year. Hey James, think we could work around that next year?

Here’s an Idea…….Don’t go to the extraviganza……….

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

I agree… Hey James… please work around the brainerd tourney next year if possible… this is 2 years in a row I have to skip.

Hey Shane… if ya want to do the tourney… let me know. My and my brother are doing it… he lives in blaine too… can always join us otherwise.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Shane,

Uhg… I just realized… Jan 20th (Saturday) is the Brainerd Ice Tourney. Already sent in for my tickets. Dang it!!!!!!!!! I think IDA had there GTG on the same date last year. Hey James, think we could work around that next year?

We do try our best but every date seems to confict with some other event so we usually end up playing rock – paper – scissors to pick a weekend so we can get it on the calendar.

Here’s a hint for anyone that might find themselves in a crucial best of 3 game of RPS with BK.

He always takes paper the second time through.

IF BK had his way we would be holding this event on the chain fishing channel cats.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

Is there NOTHING sacred on the internet!??

Quote:

IF BK had his way we would be holding this event on the chain fishing channel cats.

James? Can we talk?

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Quote:

Here’s a hint for anyone that might find themselves in a crucial best of 3 game of RPS with BK.

Hey James, all I can say is to you… Only reason why I “have” to pick the brainerd tourney over the GTG is due to the fact that I owe my brother for some favors (helping me side my garage and house). I WILL be there next year regardless of what tourney I am set to win

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

Cabin # 1 is available
    Cabin # 1

Motel Room is available
    Motel rooms

Eastside cabin and motels are available.

Call 320-676-3227

iceman62
    Baldwin, WI

Just a couple questions:
    Is their a signup for the gtg or is that just for the rooms with the Dec. 1st deadline?
    Are we able to show up with shacks and join the party?
    Is their a cost for the tourney or the buffet?
    I plan on making it (first timer on the lake). I just wanted to make sure I bring enough money!
    iceman

chappy
    Hastings, MN

See if I can answer a couple for ya…..

No sign up…..That was just for the Sleeper houses.
    Yes, By all means bring your shack.
    No tourny,but there will be a cost for the Buffet…Not sure how much. Might be in one of the early posts in this thread though.
    I think it’s $10 fee to use the roads. Payable at Hunters.

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

Chappy is correct. You can bring your portable. There is a $10 access fee that you would pay at Hunters when you arrive. There will be maps that you will get at the resort telling you where the IDA houses are at with more information as well. The buffet will be at Hunters timeframe of 5-7pm with a cost of about $10. The menu has yet to be set in stone so no cost is nailed down yet. You can bet it will be a good feast! Hope to see you there!

Tyee
    Greater St Michael Area

Is George charging $10 access fees for the wheeled houses as well for this IDA event? Just want to make sure there are no surprises or hard feelings for the folks dragging their retractables out that day. He did charge more last year, but as mentioned earlier, this was due to the folks who left them out there without permission.
    May be best to have this cleared up ahead of time.

Thanks,

-Rick

aquajoe
    Minnetonka, MN.

I was going to call and grab a cabin or motel room but If I bring enough peoples to fill that, I won’t have enough fish house space. I only have a voyager so at max 3 peoples. Somone would have to fish out on a bucket.

I would have at least 4 with me maybe even 5 possibly 6.

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

I will check on the wheelhouse deal and report back

redneckjr
    Rosemount, MN

Do they have areas where you can put a pick-up camper? If so about how much would that be?

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I am sure you can pay the $10 and park the rig out by the shacks.
    Just do not leave your boots outside when Kooty is around.

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

Cabin # 1 is available 2 bedroom
    Cabin # 4 is available 3 bedroom

Motel Room is available
    Motel rooms

Eastside cabin 2 bedroom
    2 motels 1 queen size in each room

http://www.hunterpointresort.com

Call 320-676-3227

If you bring a wheelhouse the charge will be the regular road access charge of $10 a day. Just let them know you are with IDA.

1hawghunter
    Grand Rapids, MN

Doug,
    I got hooked up with bucky12pt so will be staying with him and a couple other guys. I called Hunter’s and they suggested we let you knowthat there will be four of us for the buffet on Saturday. He said you are keeping a head count. Is that correct?
    Arnie Nichols (1HawgHunter)

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

that’s correct. I will have a post a few weeks prior to get a close as possible head count. Thanks Arnie

aquajoe
    Minnetonka, MN.

Hey there is ice on that CAM for Hunters!!

aquajoe
    Minnetonka, MN.

Hey Doug I am in at Fishermen’s Wharf. There will be 6 of us for the Buffet Saturday night. Now I just need to find a Generator.

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

just a odd question: how much ice was there last year for this get together? and where is it located? is it right there by hunters? since it is my first time just some dumb questions. with so many people going to be there I assume that there will enough ice for all of us, but was just curious.

Broncs

shoot_n_release
    Mora, MN

The GTG was about 1 mile out from Hunters, with a plowed road leading right up to the houses. If I remember correctly, there was about 17″ of ice covering most of the lake at that time. Plenty to hold all of the people, houses, cars and trucks on the lake. Hunter’s does a great job of moving the road, if necessary, to avoid trouble spots. It is a must to follow these roads when traveling on the lake, especially if you are crossing the breakers. Hope this helps,

Lars

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

that works . was just curious is all.

Broncs

aquajoe
    Minnetonka, MN.

Well I just got my generator so I am all set for the GTG. Whats the date today?

kurtkid
    South metro

Can guys with wheel houses come too. :

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

Quote:

If you bring a wheelhouse the charge will be the regular road access charge of $10 a day. Just let them know you are with IDA.

Viewing 30 posts - 91 through 120 (of 156 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.