‘O7 Cabin Fever Reliever @ Hunter’s Point!

• drakesdemise
    Residing in St. Paul, MN doing weekly travel throughout the five state Upper Midwest

This is probably a good time for one of our “staffers” to explain to everyone the ins-n-outs of using a resorts lake access, plowed road, etc. when pulling a wheel house out.
    This IDA event may be looked at a little differently by somebody like George, but this is a touchy subject that could likely be handled well by some of our staffers.
    cheers

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

Uh-oh. I’ll have to talk to the BOP. Sure hope I can find the Luteybait.

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Even if you can’t find a shack or cabin at hunters, I’d recommend staying elsewhere close by. Whether it be your own drop house, portables, heck, even your truck!
    Half the time that weeekend, we’ll be in a concentrated area out on the ice in front of Hunter’s. Thats where everyone is invited to come by, mingle, have a couple burgers or brats, and go get out on some fish.
    The buffet at hunter’s was great last year. Everyone came in for the night, Eat, drink and be merry.
    We had drawings for some really nice stuff. TV’s, Flashers, gift certificates, etc.
    And in all that time, The IDA’ers are together. I met so many people last year. Its fun to meet the people I talk to every day. Don’t hesitate to come up for this, even if you’re not really familiar with the lake. If you’ve always wondered and wanted to give Mille Lacs a shot, this is a great opportunity to do so. We had many people last year that had never fished the lake. Needless to say, some of them now fish the lake regularly. If you’re unsure about how to attack the lake, There will be many people you’ll talk to that will be more than happy to get you in the right direction. Its a big lake of many opportunities!

I really want to have a pout fry this year! Hows bout it Tuck?

iceman62
    Baldwin, WI

Thanks for the encouragement Matt. My buddy Dan and I will be there. I’ve never fished the lake but am looking for a good time with fellow IDAer’s and good fishing.

1hawghunter
    Grand Rapids, MN

What is the cost for road use and Saturday’s event (buffet) if we are staying on the ice in a private house?

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Pout fry? Sure! We will have to keep a community bucket outside to keep them in. (Do not let Kooty near it! ) I will clean them up, and George can cook ’em.

We had a really good daytime perch bite right by the shacks last year! I anticipate the same this year. George always has the shacks on or near fish! The staff will have a bunch of fish finders for you all to try, and we will try to answer as many questions that we can. I look forward to seeing a huge crowd! We sure had a blast last year!

Wheel houses won’t be a problem DD. It is the guys who bring them out, pay once, and leave them there that cause heartburn with resort owners. We will not have an issue with George.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Quote:

Do you guys have a webcam and a wireless network so that all the ida’er that can’t make it can see how much fun we are going to have.

Hmmmm, A webcam would be pretty hard, but it may be do able, I can and will post pics up online on the ice if people are interested. I’ll have my laptop and wireless connection on the ice

aquajoe
    Minnetonka, MN.

I am in. What’s the best way to do this? call reserve a spot and they place people in cabins or do we need to find a group and get a cabin.

I have not ice fished Mille Lacs since I was very young so I am looking forward to this.

Oh and have never caught an eel pout so that would be interesting. Although if it is anything like the eels we caught on the The Croix i can live without catching one.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

If anyone needs to fill a spot in one of the shacks let me know. Been wanting to make it to one of these winter get togethers for years now.

Other wise send me a PM and I will try to get a house together. Will check this wekend to see what houses are still available.

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

I’m gonna work on permission and try to make it this year.
    Unless, of course, its 48 degrees like it was last year. Then I’ll be all over the river.

dd

emover
    Malcom, IA

Yippee!!!

I have the word from the higher authority I can go

So now the fun part, I am available to help fill a house (watch it with the size comments BK) Obviously as a single person I can’t get one alone, so if someone is in need of another person, please let me know. Thanks! If you hadn’t noticed I am excited

dave

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

AJ….I’ll handle a pout…but not an eel! So you’re good…

It’s nice that we’ll be having a bunch of sticks up there! It’s going to be a HOOT!…or a HORTON!

aquajoe
    Minnetonka, MN.

Cool Brian! Now I just have to find a spot to stay. I may just have to get my own fishouse if there are any left I may have others coming.

The president of Women Angelers of Minnesota is interested in coming.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Aquajoe-Dman will more than likely get back with you on a shack. From what I can gather we have the following looking for a place: Bigfife, Mike W, Broncosguy and friend, Aquajoe, Dave Horton,1hawghunter.

schlankki
    otsego, mn

i’ll be staying in a house out of twin bays thats were its stored for the summer. So my question is how much to join the festivities like buffet , drawings etc..

im ready to go

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

The president of Women Angelers of Minnesota is interested in coming.

Bring her along………. The more the marrier. Is that how it’s spelled????

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

The more the marrier. Is that how it’s spelled????

Only if she’s single….

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Aqua Joe…are you bringing Doris!??

The Woman Anglers of Minnesota (WAM) is a very respected group! That would be great if she attended…

aquajoe
    Minnetonka, MN.

Yes Doris. I know her pretty well.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Cool Beans!

I just found out about this organization this summer… I’ll make a seperate post…don’t want to hi jack this one!

aquajoe
    Minnetonka, MN.

I just called Hunters Point and all the Ice houses are gone. Werner Stallion called and took 5 of the houses.

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

Posted above: The sign-up deadline is December 1st 2006. After that deadline, you may or may not recieve the special price.

When calling Hunter’s Point, make sure you tell them your from IDA to get the special pricing

Well I’m sorry to hear that for those that did’nt get a house in time. You might be able to call Agate Bay Resort 320-684-2233 and see if they have any rentals left for that weekend. Agate Bay is the next resort to the north and is only mile or so!
    You would still beable to come over to Hunters and visit with the group. You could also plan on attending the buffet dinner Saturday nite and meet up with the group!!

You/We can still make this a fun filled weekend!!!

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

There may still be guys who need one more guy to fill their ice house, or there may be guys who planned to go and then have to back out for some reason. Keep checking.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I need to check with the guys I planned on staying with, but my spot may be open.

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Your spot may be open??? whaddaya mean? not going to the GTG???? I have been mulling over going just to meet the great predator hunter….

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Alright, alright, I will be more than likely attending

Logan
    Big Lake, MN

I called yesterday afternoon and they didn’t have any sleeper fishhouses available, but I did get the last cabins they had, so we are in!!

FishHead
    ST Paul

My fishing buddy and I would like to go, if anyone has room to share let me know. I’ll be there somehow, thanks.

jrcunning1

Guys,
    Me and 12 of my closest (do you have any choice in a 12×22 shack??) buddies will be up for the IDA Fever Reliever. We rented a couple shacks from George a couple months ago for that weekend. We look forward to seeing everyone up there. The sound of two cycles shredding ice is right around the corner….Hope to see ya’ll there!..Wonder if we can go ala carte on the buffet sat night???

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

well… I won’t be able to make it up to stay the whole weekend… but am going to try and make it up there Saturday to make a day of it… will have to see.

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 156 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.