‘O7 Cabin Fever Reliever @ Hunter’s Point!

• chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

It will take a lot of pout. I have seen these animals eat. I will clean them, George can cookem’!

If we get a bunch of eyes and perch, I know George’s crew will cook them up for a nominal (And I mean Nominal!) fee on Sunday.

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Times, stakes and location of the Holdem games for the weekend please?…..

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Quote:

Thanks for getting us hooked up Chap. I had a blast last year and am looking forward to this year already.

Just in case anyone gets any bright ideas at the resort…..I am TYING my “favorite” pants this year…..securely.

I had almost forgotten about that!!!!!

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

i am having trouble getting through to them as well anyone else having any problems?

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

I didn’t get through untill after 12 noon yesterday! Keep trying, George has been out hunting in the mornings.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I spoke to George yesterday. I would recommend waiting until the early afternoon.

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

This time of year is there off season so they dont open until later in the day. Once fishing kicks in again then it’s bell to bell for’em.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Hmmm short notice for discount, I’ll be there not sure if I can lock in before the december 1st, we’ll see.

Nick, Break out the plastic to reserve your lodging you big Sally. You better be there!

The wifey let me have an advance on my allowance, we just locked in #4 and we’re full

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Looks like we are heading toward another great outing at the ICE GTG
    For those who have never been to Mille Lac ice fishing, get yourself and some buddies together and reserve a sleeper or cabin as quick as possible. This lake is unbelievable in size and fish. Last year was my very first time on Mille Lac and I am still amazed at the scene looking across the lake. Imagine the movie “Grumpy Old Men” and the scenes of the shanty towns. Mille Lac blows that away when it comes to shanty towns. The people you will meet alone makes it worth the trip. The people who run the businesses around the lake were also some of the friendliest I have talked to. You have to experience this at least once in your life. But, from experience, once you go there, you will want to go back again

1hawghunter
    Grand Rapids, MN

Anybody got room for one??

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I could fill a spot in a house too.

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

For those interested going and would like to bunk with other members here to take part in the 07 Cabin Fever Reliever post up here and I will try to put a fishouse together for you with other members. The houses are running real short so no gurantees. I will private message you when I have something together and post updates on this thread so watch here. Lets see what we can do.
    1HawgHunter, Bigfife ? are you interested?
    let me know!

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

This is going to be so much fun.

I am bringing a note pad this year. Someone has to take notes!

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

The wifey let me have an advance on my allowance, we just locked in #4 and we’re full

Now you’re talking! See ya there Nick!!

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Quote:

This is going to be so much fun.

I am bringing a note pad this year. Someone has to take notes!

Or get schooled

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Bring it on youngster!

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Hawger…. We might….. Have to wait for Buckshot to get his “ducks” in a row! Should find out in a week or so.

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

I emailed buckshot, so hopefully. I have me and a buddy looking for a spot. The only problem is that we are new to the lake. went last year on our own and only got a few perch. so hopefully going to get to learn a lot. I do have a portable for the day if need be. just hope it is doable as we are 95% sure we will be there. I am posting here to get in line just in case Buckshot filled his spot.

thanks-
    Broncs

chappy
    Hastings, MN

OK..I wouldn’t be too hyped up on the fishing thing though…. Fish if you want, Lines will be in the water all night but as far as evening and daytime…….Might not be alot of fishing going on….

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

that is something I figured yes. Figured there will be a lot to learn on the ice that weekend. as summer is easy adjustments, where ice fishing is a little more difficult. at least for me. Have a vex and such, but does not really seem to help.

Broncs

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

Will be alot of good seasoned brains to pick that weekend.

You got: Bobber, Stiel, Grow, Shivel, Johnston, Tuckner.

Those guys practically live on the Ice.

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

ok. so after fighting through all the crowds to actually get to them, how much is the good advice going to cost?

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

Believe me, there won’t be no crowds around these guys.
    They don’t see a shower to often on the ice.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

A lot less if you stop tell people that you know me

Ron

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

How much is the advice going to cost you? There is no cost to talk to these guys and pick their brains
    Last year myself and others had the pleasure of going out in the late afternoon and fishing with Scott Steil in one of his guiding areas. These guys are all down-to-earth regular people with a ton of knowledge about Mille Lac and fishing in general.
    As far as the fishing, I caught most all my fish during the day, so there will be plenty of fish to be caught.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

In all reality these guys will help and answer yours and everyone else’s questions. Free. Most will just ask you to post on IDA about your trips either good or bad.

Ron

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

So does that go for the advise you have given me in the past, and I can post it here? or is the past the past now Ron ?

ron-if I know you it means they will or will not talk to me?

Broncs

1hawghunter
    Grand Rapids, MN

Dman
    I am interested for sure. Keep me posted on any new developemnts. Thanks.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

ron-if I know you it means they will or will not talk to me?

I am not sure BUT keep it quite and you most likely will get a better welcome.
    Ron

mallard_militia
    Fulton County, Illinois

Do you guys have a webcam and a wireless network so that all the ida’er that can’t make it can see how much fun we are going to have.

We will be pulling up our own shacks. I am assuming we can still partake in the dining and such. Buy tickets on the ice or something???

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 156 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.