2007 Mille Lacs IDA Ice Fishing GTG

• shoot_n_release
    Mora, MN

I’m guessing fellow IDA’ers have been talking amongst themselves about this wonderful event.

I don’t believe I’ve seen a post on this yet, so here it is.

What weekend would work for people? I was thinking the same time as last year, which is the 3rd weekend of January…. January 19-21.

I suppose it’s ultimately up to Hunters Resort when we have the GTG, so let’s hear what they think.

I’ve been looking forward to the and fish since I left the GTG last year.

Lars

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

BE PATIENT GRASSHOPPER.

IT IS IN THE WORKS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS WILL BE COMING SOON! IT TAKES SOME COORDINATING BEHIND THE SCENES TO GET A GTG OF THIS MAGNITUDE DONE. SO JUST HOLD ONTO YOUR HORSES AND LISTEN UP FOR FUTURE POSTS ABOUT TIMES, DATES, & ETC. A FEW IDA STAFF MEMBERS ARE ALL OVER THIS. ALSO, WITH OUT A QUESTION THIS GTG WILL BE BIGGER AND BETTER THAN LAST YEARS.

OH YEAH, IT WILL BE 2007 GTG NOT 2006!

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Don’t forget to mention the 1st annual Ice golf tournament that will run concurrently with the Ice fishing get together. That’s right………..Golf tournament!

shoot_n_release
    Mora, MN

I guess I couldn’t contain myself. To think I’m already looking forward to spending another weekend with fellow IDA’ers only days after the Rochester GTG is quite frightening.

the_grump
    Le Center

I’ll go if theres no drinking

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

Chappy, I like that idea!!! I might want to whip your with my big tee shot!!! I hit the ball off a frozen elpout laying on the ice…….I can hit it a mile!!

chappy
    Hastings, MN

I think we are going to play with a tennis ball or something like that….. It’s still in the planning stages.

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

I won’t be bringing my Ping’s than……..I’ll drag my old weapons out of the garage! Game on

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Up on the Iowa Great Lakes we used orange painted tennis balls

chappy
    Hastings, MN

That’s probably what it’ll be.

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Hows bout a nooner game of softball. We can just get some blaze orange spray paint to draw the diamond and have at it.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Sounds like a good possibilty………

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Is there no fish on this lake

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

They only bite for 15 minutes in the morning and 10 minutes in the evening.

The rest of the time is spent kicking Briank in the shin.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

Quote:

The rest of the time is spent kicking Briank in the shin.

Or the

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Quote:

Quote:

Thats kinda pushing it. More like 5 minutes in the morning and 7 minutes before dark. Pretty much sleep all day and all night.

schlankki
    otsego, mn

For being a fairly new ider i have to say this is thee number 1 site on the net so im looking forward to meeting yall doing what minnesotans like to do best kicking everyones at sports than buying them a beverage bring on the fishing.

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Hope to see you there along everyone else. Myself and others plan on meeting tons of new people from the sight. If last year has any reflection of what this years GTG will be like, we’re in for many more people and a great time.

We’ll have the formal invite posted soon!

scottsteil
    Central MN

Last year GTG was a lot of fun. I will be there again this year. I would imagine the announcement will be coming out in the next few weeks. Hopefully we can have an even bigger turn out this year. Great food, friends and fun..all on the ice

mallard_militia
    Fulton County, Illinois

I am sure Shoot ‘n Release (SNR) will have bean bag toss and washer toss. Someone should build up a sturdy golf ball toss game and we could tye on some pout for weights.

Something tells me I am going to have to take Monday off of work.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

anybody ever play polo from their sleds? I had some buddies who would do this, what farmers won’t think of to keep themselves entertained! WE have played softball on the ice with a frozen pout as the bat, a tennis ball and 5 gallon buckets for the bases.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

anybody ever play polo from their sleds?

No, but we played tag with jackrabbits….I was always “it”!

Just a heads up guys…the announcement will be coming out on Monday. Can you wait until then???

Last year was a great time meeting new people and getting some fishing in too!

I’m asking for volunteers now…I’m looking for about 12 people…preferable people with high school wrestling expriance that can hold down Bobber, Chappy and Ecnook if the so much as utter the word GOLF on the ice.

I want to give them a…Mr. Misty

Actually, if someone paints a golf ball orange…and fetches it for me…if they can..I would like to take a swing at one…in an area that no one would get hurt…too seriously I mean.

They call me Tiger…Tiger Woods.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.