flip-over question

• G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

I know I’d probably find the answer if I took the time to look over this forum but I’m too lazy

I have an Otter Medium II sled and am looking to put a flip-over shelter on it. I have found two options: Otter’s own Medium Cabin or the OtterSkin made by Canvas Craft. So here’s my question(s):

How do these two options compare? Seems like the pricing is about equal… ~$310 to add the canvas to the sled.

Also, I’d like to hear opinions as to other options/products for a two-man setup that is pulled by hand (no snowmobile/ATV to use )

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Since you’re short the wheeler/snowmobile, you may want to check out some lighter setups. Myself and many others here can confirm that pulling an otter through more than 4 inches of snow is tuff. I had an otter medium cabin years ago and I remember sweating my off pulling it.
    But if you’re feeling/are young you should be able to man handle the medium cabin around until you can drive on the ice.

gobig-or-gohome
    Lake Minnetonka area

I had a fish trap voyager and pulling that thing was not fun but it was nice and roomy when it was set up. I sold that and went down to the 2 person guide fish trap, it is not as roomy but I can lift it into the truck by my self and it pulls allot easier I did not get a ton of use out of it last year as I got it towards the end of the season but the little use I did get I liked it.

Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

I would have to agree with Matt. If it is just going to be you, I would go with a one man or small two man and keep the sled open. Pulling the otter medium through any type of snow is very strenuous. I am in my thirties and am pretty sure I was maxed out on my heart rate a few times last year!!! Just my 2 cents. Ted

sjh62
    On the border-Trempealeau

I am looking for a roomy,one man myself.

Polar Sport vs Otter Wilderness?I seen the perch model Otter,but never a Polar Sport.I kinda like the black fabric models.

I had the Otter small den,but it seemed to flip over in the wind if all the supports were not installed.Spent too long lugging a 2/3 man around.I replaced it with the small den,the sled on that one was too narrow.Maybe the small cabin solved the issue?

schlankki
    otsego, mn

f85 w31 i have a ranger solo by frabill. its black fabric and very light. its easy to fish 2 holes and 1 hole for the vex. very roomy.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.