Moores Bait/IDA Crew Ice Fishing Get Together!

• mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I know. Bob said I needed a better one and I agreed. That one there isn’t permanent. I got some PhotoShopping to do!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Please…do the www a favor? Keep your mug out of it this time??

Please…

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

david_scott
    Twin Cities

As of yesterday after the warm snap… there was 7″-8″ of good ice on east rush from the campground to where we were fishing. There were many 4 wheelers on the ice, it was slippery as can be. I didnt see anyone go to the point, or past it, but everyone stayed on top in sight. I wouldnt have been uncomfortable taking a wheeler to where I was at, I expect very good on ice travel conditions within the next week.

The daylight bite was difficult, but we found out soon we were in a poor spot when we moved. We caught quite a few perch, and there was no crappies to be found for us over the deeper water yet… however we had a great sunset bite and they werent panfish!

I will continue to get out on a regular basis before the gathering and I should be able to help point people in the right direction.

love2fish
    Shoreview, Grand Rapids, MN

I will be there! I have never fished East Rush and could use directions to the campground. Thanks in advance. John (Love2Fish)

david_scott
    Twin Cities

Take 35 North to the Rush City exit(cnty 1?), take a left and go a few miles. You will come up to Rush Lake Resort and Campground on your left side(theres a big red barn looking building on right side of road). The little store there has bait and most all ice fishing essentials of your forget anything.. including propane.

They charge a $3 launch fee per carload there(cheap), and I have never had a problem with the access. The public access isnt that far past the campground, but is subject to ice variations due to current because its in a channel.. I highly recommend NOT using that access and pay the couple dollars to launch.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

well guys, I am going to try and make it out there for this event, not sure if I will have the sled with me this year yet, still up at the farm. but I will have my ice house (which needs to get fixed) and my too many ice fishing poles.

shane

dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

That would be fun headin up there. Kind of a haul though for me. Close to 100 miles.

Wouldn’t mind a little get together a little closer to home

aquajoe
    Minnetonka, MN.

Dtro drive to my place you can ride up with me. If you want.

david_scott
    Twin Cities

Ditto on what aquajoe said..

This weather isnt the greatest for making more ice. I have already been on east rush with a 4 wheeler this year, and so have others. There was close to 8″ of ice last week up there.

I plan on heading back up that way a couple times next week after this xmas stuff is done with, and Sherry with be out of the hospital before then.. back to normal life!

dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

thanks for the offer Joe, I might just take you up on that!

I’m just getting into this hard water thing. Need to stock up on gear.
    Picking up a VX-1 tomorrow.

jblabsnduck

How far from Shakopee are we talking?

Wife is busy that day so I could play.

dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

Quote:

How far from Shakopee are we talking?

See my previous post

About 90 miles for you

(I’m in Jordan)

david_scott
    Twin Cities

Its about 60 miles from my door(downtown minneapolis).. half of that is a 70 mph zone.. I am usually drilling holes an hour after I leave my house.

I will be out there in starting in the mid day(noon or shortly after), and I will be there into the evening. The walleyes have been biting pretty good around sunset and the word is getting out. There have been a few fair reports on crappie catches.. I have only got a couple(havent looked that hard yet), I havent found the sunfish yet. This snow I believe is going to greatly improve the panfish bite.

aquajoe
    Minnetonka, MN.

FisherDave and I were out there last week and I had my H2Oc(with LM chip) that map was way off. Not even close. I was reading 7 satilites.

That was very disappointing. I litterly walk Dave over to what I belived to be a 20 ft hole and I mean right in the middle of it and it was 6 ft. We had to walk another 70 ft or so to actually find the 20 ft hole. Just and fyi.

So if you find yourself in a situation like that just ask the people around you. In most cases people are willing to tell you the depth they are at.

I am sure there are going to be plenty of guys out there willing to give you hand to get on some fish.

ggoody
    Mpls MN

East Rush is not a High Definition Pro map, West Rush is though on the Navionics Card and East will be on the New Nav card.

89bluefin
    Mason City IA

where is rush lake?not good oncomputers and finding what i want to find out. but i seen brianks name and this sends up red flags. (looking to see ya at mille lacs)

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Chancer…check out one of the first few posts…there’s directions there.

See ya on Rush first!

mnfishhunt
    Brooklyn Park, MN

well I am new to this site, but I am going to try to make it out there hopefully some one could point me in a good direction to fish i don’t live too far from there but I have never fished rush lake see ya’ll there

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Welcome to the site. Look forward to seeing you out there. You should find plenty of help in finding fish.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

MNfishHUNT from what I can see…even if not one fish is caught…you guarenteed a good time!

Welcome aboard IDA!

Ps..you’re on my “beat Mike Finke” team!

mnfishhunt
    Brooklyn Park, MN

works for me I got an extra sled that I will have with just in case anyone wants to pay the price to use it

89bluefin
    Mason City IA

briank, thanks; ill be at rush unless i have to stay and plow my snow.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

Quote:

MNfishHUNT from what I can see…even if not one fish is caught…you guarenteed a good time!

hey BK, you are going to need all of the help you can get to beat the finke team. I am not on anyones team, I am thinking that I just wanna sit back and laugh the whole day.

shane

Ps..you’re on my “beat Mike Finke” team!

david_scott
    Twin Cities

Quote:

briank, thanks; ill be at rush unless i have to stay and plow my snow.

What the heck is snow??

A for finding the fish, East rush usually isnt that difficult. It takes a little bit of hole bouncing to find the best holes.. but just about any spot on the lake can be productive at any time. It sounds like there are going to be enough people out there to help narrow down the search on that given day to get an idea what depths are going to offer productivity. Its a bowl type lake.

david_scott
    Twin Cities

Ok.. The time is starting to get near here! It sounds like Brian K got scared away and is not going to be able to make the event So… we need someone else to pick on, or take our frustrations out on the ice! RalphtheNoober is still in NV.. so we need another candidate. BlackSportsman is a good candidtate, and if mplspug makes it, we can dress him in a sumo suit and bounce him around all day with atv’s!

Ok.. In all reality.. what kind of role call are we looking at here? I will be headed up somewhere between 10-11 a.m. from Minneapolis with my atv, trailer, ice house, a grill, a bunch of rods and bait ready to have a good time until whatever hour of the evening I have decided I reached my limit of fun and fishing for the day.

If anyone would like to ride along from the metro, bring along a lawn chair and find yourself a spot in the back of my hill-billy cruiser(cargo van) and you will safely arrive at the lake, and have free immediate transportation to the fishing hole with all your gear!

At this time, and with the near future forecast(it is usually accurate for 20 minutes), it should be safe for ATV travel using caution most anywhere from the campground. If we get lots of cold nights, it might be ready for vehicle traffic.. I am not holding my breath.

I will have my 4 wheeler out there, and a 4×8 trailer that I can fit anyones gear and passengers to get them out on the lake to the location of choice as long as ice conditions deem it reasonable… just ring me on my cell phone at 612-281-0943 and I can pick you and your gear up at the access.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

Dave,

I am planning on attending, not sure if it will just me or if I will have the boys with. we will have to see what the wife says.

shane

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

I plan to be there. BK was talking so much smack he knew he couldn’t back it up.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

It would have been a pleasure to see the three of us whomp the whole Finke team!

…But I was informed I need to work on my “class”.

Next time Mike…I’ll be waiting for ya…

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

When is this again? Dont want to read threw 9 pages to find it.

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 152 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.